Any reason not to get the Verizon case?

Warner

Reaction score
I have been hunting for leather belt clip cases for the X for a few days now, and was wondering if there is any reason NOT to just get the Verizon branded one? Here's a link to it:

Enter your location

Let me know and thanks,

Warner

rolandct

Reaction score
I saw someone getting that one in the store and he said he liked it after trying it out. It certianly looks nice, but that's about as helpful as I can be,

OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
I saw someone getting that one in the store and he said he liked it after trying it out. It certianly looks nice, but that's about as helpful as I can be,

Yeah, I bought one. It's a nice case. And for as "big" as this phone is feared to be, in the Verizon case it doesn't feel any larger than the old winmobile HTC phone that I was carrying around. In fact, since it's slimmer, it feels smaller mounted horizontally on my belt.

Warner

Parasol

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the one with the (wooden basket) cross pattern design on the back? It's the one that feels like smooth rubber. "Shell/Holster Combo", UPC code is 7 38516 35151 3.

This is the one I got, I like it. The phone is already slim, and this doesn't make it much thicker. It comes in 2 pieces, 1 covers most of the back of the phone (except speaker & mic), and wraps around the front so that if you actually place the screen facing down, it would be about 3mm above the surface.

The 2nd piece is the holster, which clips to the belt. Both have the same material, but the surface where your screen faces (other side of belt clip) when you slide it in is made of some type of cloth. That surface also has a red sticker saying your screen should face that surface when you slide it in.

The camera area has a hump at the top, but it's actually not that prominent even with the case, so the phone still slides into jeans pocket easily, unless you like to were jeans that fits tightly. I bought it for the back-cover part, the belt holster I don't use.

I like this one particularly because of the material. The other cases feels like it's made from brittle plastic. This one can flex without feeling like it will crack, which should help with long term durability. It's thin and feels soft to the touch.

Reference link: http://www.droidxcase.net/droid-x-cases/shell-holster-combo/
(I brought it alone with my phone, not from this site)

There are others that I looked at, one of which was the leather one, but it's thick, sloppy (edges not very smooth), and not very refined. Someone posted some pics, through here: http://androidforums.com/accessories-droid-x/121409-your-choice-best-droid-x-case-why.html
(Imagine _trying_ to press the buttons on the phone, such as the volume)

Last edited:
OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
The one I'm talking about is in the link above. It's the leather Verizon case.....can be used to carry the phone horizonally or vertically (the clip rotates). It's one piece.....

Warner

Parasol

Reaction score
Oh, I overlooked, sorry.

I saw that one in the store but I quickly passed on. When my phone rings, I just want to take it out of my pocket and hit the answer button. I don't want to do some unfolding and taking it out of the case before I answer the call. Also it's thick.

I'm sure your personal preference may be different. It does feel more luxurious when the phone is inside the case but when you're using it, you're using a bare phone. That's when most accidents happen.

But my opinion may change in a week. I don't like the idea of having to use a case on such a nice device. I should be able to use it as is (bare) without having to worry about it breaking after accidentally dropping it (on hard surfaces like sidewalk concrete).

I actually came from AT&T (take a guess which phone I had). I was about to upgrade to the iPhone 4 but...

[video=youtube;0WbCpqURN9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WbCpqURN9A[/video]
It's funny how they continue to advertise that their "engineered glass" so many times more stronger than plastic and "ultradurable" (http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/).

But enough of that PoS.

Last edited:
OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
Oh, I overlooked, sorry.

I saw that one in the store but I quickly passed on. When my phone rings, I just want to take it out of my pocket and hit the answer button. I don't want to do some unfolding and taking it out of the case before I answer the call. Also it's thick.

I'm sure your personal preference may be different. It does feel more luxurious when the phone is inside the case but when you're using it, you're using a bare phone. That's when most drops happen.

I get it. I think most of the damage that has happened to any of my cell phone happened while it was floating around in my pocket with other "stuff". I like the leather flip cases. But I get where you are coming from, too. I'm actually thinking about the Verizon insurance, in fact...

Warner

Parasol

Reaction score
Usually I just carry my phone, keys, and wallet. My keys is always separate from my phone. My wallet could be in any, since there's no hard surfaced to scratch my phone.

I guess this question can't be answered by others. I'm sure a handy-man who uses lots of tools, including a smartphone, may have to consider investing in a pair of clothing with more pockets or an appropriately protective case.

jst4fun

Reaction score
Got my Verizon leather belt loop case for the X today. Its perfect! BIG enough that the X fits in it nice and snug even with a hardcase on the phone. The magnets that was on my old Seidio case kept making my screen come on when putting it into the case. This one for some reason does not. It doesn't even turn the screen on when pulling it out of the case. Pretty nice construction to I might add. Kinda snazzy. Good Job Verizon.dancedroid
OBTW also got my seidio screen shield in and it it also perfect. It covers the whole screen and is silky smooth and clear as a bell.
My invisi shield by Zagg I threw away. I was told it would harden after 24 to 48 hours and become a nice smooth surface, it was smooth but still had a rubbery feel to it so it was almost impossible to swype.....BIG waste of money.

Last edited:

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the one with the (wooden basket) cross pattern design on the back? It's the one that feels like smooth rubber. "Shell/Holster Combo", UPC code is 7 38516 35151 3.

This is the one I got, I like it. The phone is already slim, and this doesn't make it much thicker. It comes in 2 pieces, 1 covers most of the back of the phone (except speaker & mic), and wraps around the front so that if you actually place the screen facing down, it would be about 3mm above the surface.

The 2nd piece is the holster, which clips to the belt. Both have the same material, but the surface where your screen faces (other side of belt clip) when you slide it in is made of some type of cloth. That surface also has a red sticker saying your screen should face that surface when you slide it in.

The camera area has a hump at the top, but it's actually not that prominent even with the case, so the phone still slides into jeans pocket easily, unless you like to were jeans that fits tightly. I bought it for the back-cover part, the belt holster I don't use.

I like this one particularly because of the material. The other cases feels like it's made from brittle plastic. This one can flex without feeling like it will crack, which should help with long term durability. It's thin and feels soft to the touch.

Reference link: Shell Holster Combo | Droid X Case
(I brought it alone with my phone, not from this site)

There are others that I looked at, one of which was the leather one, but it's thick, sloppy (edges not very smooth), and not very refined. Someone posted some pics, through here: Your choice for best Droid X case...and why? - Android Forums
(Imagine _trying_ to press the buttons on the phone, such as the volume)

Agreed, I like the verizon case a lot... the biggest plus is that getting the case off the phone is much simpler than a lot of other ones I've used in the past and I don't think it will ever break (as did a lot of my blackberry cases from taking it on and off again to set it into the dock. Definitely recommend it.

Red Tornado

Reaction score
Do you have a link to this case? Sounds nice!

Got my Verizon leather belt loop case for the X today. Its perfect! BIG enough that the X fits in it nice and snug even with a hardcase on the phone. The magnets that was on my old Seidio case kept making my screen come on when putting it into the case. This one for some reason does not. It doesn't even turn the screen on when pulling it out of the case. Pretty nice construction to I might add. Kinda snazzy. Good Job Verizon.dancedroid
OBTW also got my seidio screen shield in and it it also perfect. It covers the whole screen and is silky smooth and clear as a bell.
My invisi shield by Zagg I threw away. I was told it would harden after 24 to 48 hours and become a nice smooth surface, it was smooth but still had a rubbery feel to it so it was almost impossible to swype.....BIG waste of money.

96p993

Reaction score
I came from the Iphone world as well, wondering who the big players are in the case world for the Droid. I know when I had my Iphone the otterbox and speck were the big players...Who do most turn to for Droid cases?

jacksonj51

Reaction score
To the OP....

Cause its a rip off???!!!

Just got mine off ebay... $6 all in and its better than my buddies verizon case

Yes its a swivel for portrait and landscape

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I doubt the verizon one will be s bad case. Just more expensive then one you can get elsewhere. Plus if you get a verizon case and it damages your phone, verizon will cover it.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (