Any reason NOT to get the Droid X?

Haloman800

Reaction score
I'm debating on whether or not to get the Droid X or wait for the upcoming HTC Mecha...

Is there anything you don't like about your Droid X?

Thanks.

edit: I have the original Motorola Droid btw.

Last edited:

Jordan8

Reaction score
I bought my DX about 2 weeks ago. I've had no problems out off it so far. The only reason I would consider not getting it is because it doesn't have 4g capabilities. Based on were I live though, I figure by time I can upgrade theyll be decent coverage.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Haloman800

Haloman800

Reaction score
I bought my DX about 2 weeks ago. I've had no problems out off it so far. The only reason I would consider not getting it is because it doesn't have 4g capabilities. Based on were I live though, I figure by time I can upgrade theyll be decent coverage.

Yeah, that's honestly the only legit reason I can think of. But, like you said, based on where I live aswell, by the time 4G really affects my area, I'll be eligible for an upgrade again =).

The Kickstand and front facing camera on the Mecha is exchanged for the Higher Resolution Screen and HDMI Port on the Droid X. Just a sidenote.

Jordan8

Reaction score

Yeah, that's honestly the only legit reason I can think of. But, like you said, based on where I live aswell, by the time 4G really affects my area, I'll be eligible for an upgrade again =).

The Kickstand and front facing camera on the Mecha is exchanged for the Higher Resolution Screen and HDMI Port on the Droid X. Just a sidenote.

Yeah, a few cases for the dx have a kickstand built into them, btw.

Million

Reaction score
Honestly the only reason is if you really want a keyboard.

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
I made the jump to the X from the D1 last weekend and so far I am digging the X.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

I came from a D1 as well - got my X on release and would consider doing it again...it all comes down to tho, what you need and want in a phone and what will serve you best...good luck on your decision - either way, it doesn't sound bad ;)...

jloya

Reaction score
this is hard to say, kind of more of a personal preference

the droid X is an amazing phone, it can do pretty much everything I need it to do...I rarely open my laptop anymore unless its for typing papers or watching hulu/netflix

the only reason I could see not getting a new phone this month is that the dual core processor phones are right around the corner...if you can hold out until January February id wait until whats out then

KLBailey

Reaction score
This is the buggiest phone I have ever owned. I don't rely on it for anything, not even as a phone.

scf

Reaction score
Dr. Seuss is in da hawz!

Honestly, it's just a matter of preference. Like said above, probably the only reason is if I wanted a physical keyboard. Proabably my only real complaint about the X is that the stock keyboard takes up a HUGE amount of room on the screen. Editing a file, like build.prop is interesting.