Any RC fans here

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Same here. Most of my parts I've been doing Amazon, unless it's an emergency than its one of the local shops

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Oh yeah and Amazon too..lol gotten alot there too....got my TVPs from TCS Crawlers xl length really nice. But if I need it now LHS if they have it. They do carry more Traxxas stuff though.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I SHOULD be into RC. Used to love the ones I had as a kid. Had a 4x4 truck and then I had the XTRAC or something like that. Had a big track on the back and could go through up to 2 inches of water. Stupid track dried out and broke after like a year or something.

My stepson has a couple of decent little RC cars now. Nothing as cool as you guys have, but I have a good time zooming them around for him to watch.

(Mostly just commenting here to keep up with you guys and be jealous.)
It's actually pretty affordable. The Traxxas bandit in electric can be had for around $180.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good to know. Now, to figure out how to justify a purchase like that to the wife...I suppose I could just not tell her how much I paid for one if I buy it out of my separate account. I DID get her a brand new dishwasher with a chunk of our tax return. Don't I deserve something fun that the stepson and I can bond more over...? ;)

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Good to know. Now, to figure out how to justify a purchase like that to the wife...I suppose I could just not tell her how much I paid for one if I buy it out of my separate account. I DID get her a brand new dishwasher with a chunk of our tax return. Don't I deserve something fun that the stepson and I can bond more over...? ;)
Just tell her it's for bonding with the step son...lol should work maybe.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I could justify a beefier model than he already has. His don't do well in the grass & there's a field right by us.

We're on a super busy street, so his can only go in the driveway & sidewalk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Looks like it. I know I had some racing game at some point on some console that had a similar mini game that I enjoyed.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have it for PC on Steam, but use an XBox 360 controller. Takes a while to get use to though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think I could justify a beefier model than he already has. His don't do well in the grass & there's a field right by us.

We're on a super busy street, so his can only go in the driveway & sidewalk.

Whatever you do stay away from RedCat. I've had great luck with my Traxxas. You can also get smaller ones for around 130 but in that price range go with the Bandit or Rustler. Both great vehicles. Although I think there is MUCH more aftermarket stuff available for the Rustler.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
And stay away from exceed, the first brand of rc I got cause it was cheap big mistake man that thing was junk....and parts availability was horrible. Just my experience of course.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
And stay away from exceed, the first brand of rc I got cause it was cheap big mistake man that thing was junk....and parts availability was horrible. Just my experience of course.

That's what I saw with the Redcat. Very cheaply made and parts were almost impossible to get.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
That's what I saw with the Redcat. Very cheaply made and parts were almost impossible to get.

Yeah exceed was just a horrible experience almost killed the hobby for me.....then I got an HPI Savage x 4.6 and that was all she wrote....lol

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yeah exceed was just a horrible experience almost killed the hobby for me.....then I got an HPI Savage x 4.6 and that was all she wrote....lol

We bought Traxxas but got my cousin a Redcat. We looked at Exceed but ended up going with Traxxas after my dad went into the LHS and they talked him into it.