Any Pixel/Pixel XL owners experiencing any BT issues as of late?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google-Pixel-XL-8-1.jpg

Since the Feb security update some have been having an issues with BT randomly disconnecting. Just to get a grasp of who all on here is currently having the same issue, please voice whether or not you are experiencing this.

Source: Many users are experiencing random Bluetooth disconnects on the Pixel and Pixel XL

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Yup, my BT turns off by itself. Looked over at reddit and others are getting it too. I've also had issues with making calls. I'll get a beep as soon as I press dial and then the call fails. I've had to turn off wifi for the call to work. I think its an issue with the wifi calling. It can be infuriating when you actually have to make a call.

The BT issue is more of a minor annoyance but definitely a bug.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup, my BT turns off by itself. Looked over at reddit and others are getting it too. I've also had issues with making calls. I'll get a beep as soon as I press dial and then the call fails. I've had to turn off wifi for the call to work. I think its an issue with the wifi calling. It can be infuriating when you actually have to make a call.

The BT issue is more of a minor annoyance but definitely a bug.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I took the beta 7.1.2 and am still on the January patch... No update available. Did the beta stop the security patches ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I took the beta 7.1.2 and am still on the January patch... No update available. Did the beta stop the security patches ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Since the beta I had issues with updates as well prompting me to have to manually update my phones.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been having trouble reconnecting my watch after having turned it off, having to restart the phone. I thought maybe it was an issue with the security patch I got on the watch, but considering that restarting the phone is the best fix I've found for it, I'm thinking it's on the phone side.

I hadn't had any real trouble with BT disconnecting that I've noticed, except that I read an article on this issue last night while I was away from home. When I went to get in my truck to leave, I plugged in my BT adapter and looked down at my watch. Watch was disconnected and adapter in the truck wouldn't connect. Pulled my phone out and BT was off...

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Must be happening across the board. It's happening on my Nexus 6 since the update.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So far no issues with my Nexus 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
To be honest I havent had any major issues with the bluetooth on my Pixel XL. The only thing I can think of is an issue when I'm connected to my car bluetooth and I load up a specific game (don't worry I'm not driving when I do this). The sound of the game over the speakers sounds really blown out and all over the place. Music and podcasts are fine, no drops or disconnections.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just saw a Tweet from Android Police that said a Google rep has acknowledged the issue and a fix will be coming in an upcoming update.

I haven't had any other issues since that one I posted up there^ as far as BT randomly disconnecting, but I was still having trouble getting my phone and watch to reconnect yesterday. Airplane mode on the phone seemed to work as well as a full restart, but toggling BT didn't.

I reset my watch last night, because these issues started around the time that I also got a security patch for the watch. I figured that was the easier device to set back up after an FDR and that's fixed similar issues I've had.