ANy people throw me some App Ideas

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by WoZzY, Jul 23, 2010.

1. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I constantly notice the 3G arrows are lit up in the notification bar when I look at my Droid. This tells me that data is constantly being sent/received. Not that I care as to exactly how much data because I have an unlimited data plan, but how do I know that I didn't install some seemingly benign kids game that is in actuality a rouge app that is using my Droid as a proxy to launch bot attacks against the FBI or something. (No, I'm not paranoid...why? What did you hear?)

I would like to have an app that would tell me what programs (ex. Yahoo Messenger) are using data, how much data within a date range (ex. Yahoo messenger used 47MB this month), and whom they are communicating with (hostnames or ip addresses)? Not down to the packet level or anything ridiculous, but I would like to know what is going on under the hood of my 3G connection.

And this information would displayed via the app UI, could be exported (emailed), and be stored in a text log file on the SD card.

I would be willing to pay up to $5 USD for this app with lifetime updates.

2. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I don't know if there's an app for this, I just saw the thread for the iPantry to keep track of food in your kitchen. That made me think of other inventory for homes people may want.

I remember when my coworkers husband retired years ago, he put all their DVD's in his palm pilot so they would have a list and not buy duplicates. I thought that was a good idea. Even though people are now going online and such, some still buy dvd's (I do).

So really any household inventory that people need.

How about a Gift giving list app? sometimes I see something that would be good for someone and would like to remember or they mention something and I can put it in this app.
    Is there a Christmas Present app? To keep track of buying presents for people? Some buy ahead. Some just need to remember in the rush of things. Maybe the Christmas one could go in the general one too...
    Maybe a received gifts section?

3. nzone4284

nzone4284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    onscreen backbutton

hey how about an onscreen backbutton so drid x users don't have to press the analog buuton to go back, about 50 times per day, if it keeps up an otherwise perfect phone will be missing a key element of the phone. The analog back button. Thanks nzone

4. Maryland_Shooter

Maryland_Shooter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How hard would it be

To make up a (firearms) reloading app?

Here is what I am thinking:

User can enter:

Bullet
    Brass
    Primer
    Powder charge
    C.O.A.L. (Cartridge Over All Length)
    Projected velocity (this would come from user input - from a reloading manual)
    Actual velocity
    Accuracy
    Notes

I am a software developer, but no experience in Unix based work.

IMO, you could get folks to pay $1 and even $2 for this. I know I would. Not a large market I'd guess.

#52 Maryland_Shooter, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how about an app that would use a scanner may something like barcode scanner and adds items to a shopping cart to give you a running total of your shopping. Just to make sure we have enough money before we get to the checkout....come on someone has went to pay for something not knowing if they was going to have enough cash before... haven't they? just a thought

6. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

Ratings:
    +0

****Chadwick108 "that is a really good idea my little brother reloads and I bet would find something like this really helpful"****

7. Ripper27

Ripper27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about a status bar customizer for color, text and led custom colors. I'm tired of that grey thing on top and I don't want to change my rom just for that kind of themeing option. Hit me up and let me know.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that Jrummy made such an animal. But IIRC, you have to be rooted.

9. Life in Java

Life in Java New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thunk its funny that now this far into Androids life, people are still starting with App inventor, but imo its a good start, but I think when getting to more complex apps id suggest getting started in Java! I did and ill never regret it

10. Chharith

Chharith New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Land navigation app would be awesome for military users. The ability to input an 8 digit grid coordinate and it will pin point it on the map. Multiple grid locations. Intersections and resections, and current users 8digit grid. I would buy it, saves time pulling out a map, compass, pencil and protracter and terrain analysis to figure out where i am and where i need to go next.

Me and my Army friends have lots of app ideas that would be useful in the military.

My Droid is Gummy Charged. Tapatalk

11. louy99

louy99 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How about an app that overrides your voicemail greeting so you can change greetings on the fly rather than calling voicemail, listening to a robot voice and hitting a bunch of numbers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
android app ideas
application ideas for android#gsc.tab
undeveloped android app
undeveloped android apps
undeveloped app

undeveloped app ideas

undeveloped app ideas 2015
undeveloped apps
undeveloped apps for android phones
undeveloped good android app