Any Other Way To Answser The Droid Phone?

choppy

Reaction score
Is there any other way that the Motorola Droid can be answered? Sometimes when my hands have oil on them when I'm eating and my phone rings, I cannot slide the answer button because it slips away. Please advise if there's another way or if that's something in the works for the future.:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any other way that the Motorola Droid can be answered? Sometimes when my hands have oil on them when I'm eating and my phone rings, I cannot slide the answer button because it slips away. Please advise if there's another way or if that's something in the works for the future.:mad:

Wear a blue tooth headset? It would have to be the Blue Ant Q1, or something else with that technology. There simply isn't any other way to do it.

Laurence5905

Reaction score

Wear a blue tooth headset? It would have to be the Blue Ant Q1, or something else with that technology. There simply isn't any other way to do it.

Actually, most bluetooth headsets will do it. My Aliph Jawbone II works fine to answer incoming calls. It will not initiate a call (for that, you do need the Blue Ant Q1, or an equivalent headset that uses its own built-in voice-recognition technology), but it will answer an incoming one.

slinky

Reaction score
he is right. there should be a hardware button on phones. it is an android problem...

Mjaydakid

Reaction score
When I know I won't be able to use my hands, I plug in my wired headset (earbuds). It allows me to listen to music or podcasts and lets me answer the phone by depressing the answer button. I like this better than the bluetooth solution because my hands don't come too close to my face. Which is good if it is covered in oil or other filth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Actually, most bluetooth headsets will do it. My Aliph Jawbone II works fine to answer incoming calls. It will not initiate a call (for that, you do need the Blue Ant Q1, or an equivalent headset that uses its own built-in voice-recognition technology), but it will answer an incoming one.

I appreciate the clarification on that. Thinking back I do recall being able to answer my Droid with my Jawbone headset.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess if it really matters to someone shopping, technically the BlueAnt Q1 is one of a very few that will allow you to answer calls completely handsfree where the others require you to press a button.