Any one please help me root this phone

Taino Warrior

Reaction score
I read all the available threads on this forum & Droid central followed all the instructions on the threads and nothing is there any one that can help me to fix this matter i just cant seem to root my phone Fascinate it's awfully slow & the Bing is just driving crazy PLEASE.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well what seems to be the exact problem? where are you getting caught up at?

OP
T

Taino Warrior

Reaction score
My phone does not download anything on the screen to root, On the Droid central where you got the pic of the screen Use debugging pic & stay awake pic with check mark that as far i get stuck on. If that make any sense.

Discover

Reaction score
Honestly if you dont know how to use the adb console then this method is the easiest way. Follow the instructions exactly and you youll be rooted in less then 5 minutes.

Its extremely easy now. just follow the instructions.
How to Root - Android Forums

OP
T

Taino Warrior

Reaction score
I tried it seems not to function i get stuck on a screen and thats pretty much it. I noticed that the computers on these downloads only specify windows XP or 7 or Mac i have a Vista does that possibly makes a difference?

Discover

Reaction score
it shouldnt matter.. if it works on XP it should work on Vista. and im on windows 7 home and i know it works cause i just did it for the 3rd time today.

which part exactly are you getting stuck on?

when you click on the file part one does a DOS window open and ask you to press enter?

OP
T

Taino Warrior

Reaction score
No i'm stuck on the screen where you have USB debugging & USB connected select to copy files. When i go to CMD.exe on my computer it takes me to the windows system but nothing after that.

Discover

Reaction score
you have to follow the instructions on that link i gave you or you could brick your phone.

1. download the zip file in the link i gave you.
2. unzip the file to your desktop.
3.once you have the debug and stay awake enabled on the phone you are supposed to reboot your phone. Make sure you have the USB cable plugged in.
4. once the phone reboots, you only unlock the phone by moving the puzzle peice over. after that dont do anything else to the phone until you complete the rooting process.
5. double click the folder you unziped and then double click on "part1" ONLY.
6. it will bring up a DOS window and ask you to press enter.
7. all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen and youll be rooted.

Discover

Reaction score
anytime. i know its a little confusing, 4 months ago i was in the same place as you not understanding any of this.

just relax, take your time. read instructions fully and everything will work just fine and in no time youll be a pro and learn a lot of things in the process..

:)

OP
T

Taino Warrior

Reaction score
I think i'm going to call it quits for tonight. I'm going to take your advice cause I'm ready to trash this phone. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning when I'm calm & cool thank's again.:)

stevonyc35

Reaction score
just rooted my fascinate and applied the lagfix.
can't wait for the devs to make some roms for this bad boy.
just got 2267 on quadrant.

lefty78

Reaction score
Can someone explain rooting to me? Everyone on here talks about Froyo and to root your phone. I'm a newbie here and do not understand what that means.
I have the fascinate, why root, what is root?

stevonyc35

Reaction score
Can someone explain rooting to me? Everyone on here talks about Froyo and to root your phone. I'm a newbie here and do not understand what that means.
I have the fascinate, why root, what is root?

root access allows you to do a number of things to your phone. you can overclock it, install custom roms, and delete apps and install other apps that non rooted phones can't use.
a must have app is root explorer.