Any one know of a case that fits the extended battery?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for pics , I was looking at that one.
One question how is the outside texture? Is it that lint collecting in your pocket rubber?
And does it come with a screen protector?

Doesn't collect lint at all. Doesn't come with a screen protector. Comes with a holster. Texture is great. Hard rubber.

davidwar

Reaction score
Anychance you can link to which Qubits case your wife is using? Is it this one?

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics
I want to order this one, but one reviewer noted that it seemed like it was made for the GSM version of the GN and didn't fit perfectly. I would expect this to be even more so with the extended battery. Thanks in advance!

I just received mine yesterday and it fits fine and looks pretty sleek. Am hoping it still fits if I go for the extended battery.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Holster Shell Combo Case by Qmadix

Ok. The clip turns to a kickstand correct? Is it the same as above link?
How would you say it compares to the Verizon store one that is similar in design?
And last one where did you order from?

Sorry for the all these questions:hail:

I appreciate it Wicked!

Yep, the clip turns into a kickstand and the one I have is the same one as the link you posted.
The quality is amazing. Made with quality materials. Feels great in hand. Holster and clip does not feel cheap at all.
I got it from here. When I bought it last week, the price was at $16 and has gone up twice since then.
The case is slim and barely adds any bulk. I have the extended battery on there but w/o the cover. The case holds everything in place. Nice and snug.
You won't be dissappointed in this case. At least I'm not. :D

Flandry

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Holster Shell Combo Case by Qmadix

Ok. The clip turns to a kickstand correct? Is it the same as above link?
How would you say it compares to the Verizon store one that is similar in design?
And last one where did you order from?

Sorry for the all these questions:hail:

I appreciate it Wicked!

I have the VZW case and this looks very similar. I had this style case for my OG as well. I love the holster and the low profile clip on these. The back of the phone's case does have a pop-up clip. But I can tell you this case doesn't work with the extended battery. The top will fit, but not the bottom.

I'm also not impressed with the part of this case that goes around the GN. If you look at pics of this case, you'll see it's completely open at the top and bottom - offering no protection at these points and inadequate protection of the corners.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Magnious

Reaction score
The Silicon Gel case from VZW first both the Standard and Extended batteries. I like it a lot!

[video=youtube;_I0hEZtfbZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0hEZtfbZA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

creaky

Reaction score
The Incipio Feather Case fits the extended battery. Just take the battery door off and put on the case. Easy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Agreed. The Feather is very thin and light. Not the most extensive protection (the top and bottom are exposed) but if you are looking for a thin cover that doesn't add bulk, I would recommend it.

sent from my rooted nexus

Vakharn

Reaction score
I can confirm that the seidio surface case WILL fit over the extended battery as long as you use the standard battery door instead if the one provided with the extended battery. It is a tight fit in both respects but both the battery door and the case snap on securely.

Last edited:

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I can confirm that the seidio surface case WILL fit over the extended battery as long as you use the standard battery door instead if the one provided with the extended battery. It is a tight fit in both respects but both the battery door and the case snap on securely.

Slightly OT but do you notice if putting the standard battery door on with the extended battery installed increases pressure pushing on the device itself?

Vakharn

Reaction score
If you mean "Does the standard battery door push the extended battery into the phone with more pressure than the standard battery?" then yes, of course. The actual pressure being exerted doesn't seem like enougb to damage the phone though, as if it was I'm sure the clips holding the battery door on would be the weakest link and break first.

terigox

Reaction score
I noticed the Diztronic case (Previously TPU) is releasing a new version if their case with the volumes cut out so no more accidental volume pressing... whoo!

They are also replacing all of the defective cases with the new ones for anyone that bought them. Waiting on my replacement now, will post some pics and how it does with the extended battery!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

RonsHome

Reaction score
Thanks for pics , I was looking at that one.
One question how is the outside texture? Is it that lint collecting in your pocket rubber?
And does it come with a screen protector?

LOL did i just quote myself? Sorry

Reference post # 37 by Wicked on the Qmadix case and holster.

I did get this case and its just what i wanted thanks for your input.
I would like to add that you can if desired combine this holster with one of those TPU type 9.99 phone cases that fit with extended battery.
It will slide in fine adding additional protection to top, bottom and better shock absorbstion.

Last edited:

sb1831

Reaction score
is the case-Mate case a gel case or is it something more substantial like the bodyglove style cases? I've got the Otterbox now and like it but something smaller would be a bit nice for when i'm in jeans and not a suit.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez