Any one else tired of paying Verizon?

en28so

Reaction score
I love my DROIDX, but my two smart phone lines and one dumb phone line is beginning to hurt at $176! Are there any better alternatives with LTE that won't cost as much? I be ditching the dumb phone soon. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kees.5

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I definitely pay more than I'd like to. I have three lines & only one is a smart phone.. for around $200 per month. Though, Verizon has such good service, phones, & customer support that overall, it does end up being worth it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mach330

Reaction score
Write you guys are getting ripped. I have 3 smartphones with unlimited everything except minutes which is 1400 min and I'm paying $150/mo with my 17% corporate discount.

Tap'd from my G-Nex

robert70

Reaction score
You guys need to check and see if your employers Ger a corperate discount threw vzw, I have 2 smartpgone and 1 dumb and I only pay $140 a month and we are about to drop the dumb line do that will drop the bill by about $20 bucks. I love my corp. Discount.

kees.5

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I will certainly check it out. I'm going to look into it anyway with regards to Verizon. It sounds like I'm paying too much regardless. :-/

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Go through your plan and see if you are paying for minutes or features you don't use. If you can drop minutes down,you can save $10-20 right off the bat. And yes, corporate discounts can really help. Gotta make sure that Verizon account is in the name of person getting discount, which is simple to change. I'm in the process of dropping a smart phone off plan to get rid of a data charge and get down to around 250 with 6 lines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
I have 4 lines all with smartphones 1400 shared min unlimited data and text on all lines and even have $30 dollar unlimited 4g hotspot on one line and pay around $242 a mo. but supposed to get a 20% corp discount soon. Will see what it drops down to when that takes effect.

Nealius

Reaction score
I just checked at&t (shudder) I used the chat feature to get an exact quote.
Total per month with 3 lines on the 1400 minute plan, unlimited texting and 5GB on 2 lines will be $229.98 plus taxes.

even without the dreaded taxes AT&T is is about 10 bucks more than my non discounted plan I have with Verizon. I have could get a corp. discount with AT&T tho, but why give up the coverage I have with the Big Red.
I guess you need to pay to play. Im actually glad I did this, Now I know it could be worse. plus Id have a iphone instead of my Nexus. (YUCK) DancingNexus

bigkhan

Reaction score
3 smart phones with unlimited data. 1 dumb phone. 1400 minutes, unlimited txt. 2 tablets with 2GB plans. Insurance on all phones. Hell i'm paying $150 just for data. Total bill is about $325 a month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TheBionicRichmonder

Reaction score
3 smart phones with unlimited data. 1 dumb phone. 1400 minutes, unlimited txt. 2 tablets with 2GB plans. Insurance on all phones. Hell i'm paying $150 just for data. Total bill is about $325 a month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Damn, Phone bill. You scary.
I've had the unlimited since my D2G,
And i'm letting go of my USB727 this month, now that my sis has her own internet. Looking forward to a bill nearly 50% cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
In order to get corporate discount, we would have to put the account under my name. We opened the lines with the wife's credit because at that time my credit sucked. I'm in the process of buying a house right now, so I cannot allow anybody to mess or check my credit right now. Do they check your credit when you change the name? hmm, i'll have to ask. It would still me a bit too much, even with the discount, i'm assuming. What about prepaid LTE from another company? besides Sprint and At&T, who else offers LTE? thanks.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Yes, they run credit. But, ask financer if going to affect loan decision. Most times if you can help widen debt to income, it is a good thing.

msblueline

Reaction score
WOW!!!

I have three smart phones three unlimited data plans and 700 minutes a month for about $221.00

I have the unlimited mobile to any network mobile service that really helps out a lot too. I mean how many people really use land lines any more. I have one at my house to call other landlines so I don't eat my minutes up.

But, yes I agree. They are starting to give less for more and it sucks.

msblueline

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Yes, they run credit. But, ask financer if going to affect loan decision. Most times if you can help widen debt to income, it is a good thing.

Screw that then! I'm going to let the housing thing settle down first, since I don't want to end up with a discount instead of a house! I got too many inquiries on my credit as it is already. Thanks. Now, does anyone here have LTE that is not with Verizon or at&t? How about sprint or anything else? I wonder if sprint is going to offer unlimited LTE? I live in San Antonio so I think they have coverage here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums