Any one else notice Droid is no longer on the Verizon Homepage?

cuskit

Reaction score
Good Lord! I hope this doesn't mean the Droid is being discontinued! When clicking on cellpones>smartphones - Droid is all the way down second from last on their list. Sigh.. Guess I'm gonna have to check out Apple... :icon_ lala:

Just kidding! :) Droid Rules! I'm assuming VZW deleted it because as soon as people went to website they saw the Droid, and immediately sought info on that phone, disregarding ALL ELSE on the VZW website... Kind of like last nights headline news story - "Ex President Bill Clinton has tooth pulled" (or was it a stent installed - whatever) ;) Nobody noticed anything else - all the news channels concentrated on this minor event (even showing pictures of stents) and all other news was ignored. Once that blows over - then the populace will begin reading other news... So VZW had to make this move in order to start selling the rest of their lineup.. :)

Maybe. :banplease: mikey

M

Matth3w

I'm guessing they don't have to advertise the Droid that much anymore on their site since it is all over the web and TV spots. They can try to sell some other phones as well with advertisements on their site.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Sigh....this is how bad rumors get started. I don't think it means anything, I think they changed their home page. They do this frequently.

Wasn't starting a rumor which is why I started with "I'm not sure of the significance of this" I come to this forum to get information not put down because I noticed something that I didn't understand and brought it here to see other peoples opinions if there were any significance to it or not.

You didn't mean to start a rumor, but this is exactly what gets the ball rolling in that direction. And my response was in no way meant to put you down, I'm expressing what I think is going to happen as a result of the post.
I agree wholeheartedly. You don't fan smoke unless there is a (supposed) fire. The Droid isn't the only phone Verizon sells you know.

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Don't know about others, but using Firefox on my desktop system I frequently wait and wait and wait and wait for the VZW website to link to another web page. A click has now been "loading" for five minutes.

If I chose my phone on the basis of the competence and usability of the carrier's website, I certainly wouldn't be a Verizon customer.

it's terrible..... the my verizon page never loads!!! even on my droid, i have hard time accessing my verizon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
VZW and Moto just did a Superbowl ad for the Devour. Devices these companies "push" change frequently. It means nothing that the Droid isn't front page.