Any of your Droid froze after the UPDATE?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
most likely your Droid erroneously rebooted or glitched during the update process... sucks :( good luck with your new device

newfi

Reaction score
At the end of my update I got the error screen
droid_upgrade9.jpg

I let it sit at that screen for about an hour and then power cycled it. The phone came back up and the phone info says the FW Version is 2.0.1 Anyway to tell if it really updated to 2.0.1 or not?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
droid_upgrade9.jpg

I let it sit at that screen for about an hour and then power cycled it. The phone came back up and the phone info says the FW Version is 2.0.1 Anyway to tell if it really updated to 2.0.1 or not?

Does your welcome screen look different? Slider now slides streight across without arch.

OP
W

WickedOne

Reaction score
So I took my droid the the local store during lunch. the rep said for me to wait for about 20-30 mins because it's going to take that long for them to look and reflash it. so i went off for lunch. came back 20 mins later and got my phone back working.

now the thing is that all my settings apps some of my phone contacts are gone! it's like it got reset to original setting and the tech just backed up my pictures and then replaced the contacts with the backed ones when i had switching to the Droid.

so sad.... =(

i guess the good news is i got my phone back working again and the new update.

newfi

Reaction score
droid_upgrade9.jpg

Does your welcome screen look different? Slider now slides streight across without arch.

By welcome screen do you mean the unlock screen? If so not sure what slider you are refering to. If not the unlock screen what is the welcome screen and what slider?

Update: Now I understand the unlock screen without an unlock pattern. Yes it is now a straight slider instead of the arch. Thanks.

Last edited:

305gopher

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, messaged popped up asking if I wanted to install the update. I did, then got the error screen after the download and now it has been stuck on the screen with the white Motorola logo. Is the only option to bring it into Verizon or have people had success doing a reboot explained by Dragoro?

OP
W

WickedOne

Reaction score
I tried the same as DRagoro mentioned but the reboot won't do it. It's almost like you have to set it to the original setting which you will lose all the apps and your customized setting. Best is probably go to a local verizon store and see what they can do.

sucks man because now i have to download all the apps all over again and customize my settings all over again. oh well i hope this new update will be better than the previous one(2.0).

fattmonster

Reaction score
Froze on Motorola logo

:mad: Same problem here. Updated @ 4am, now stuck at work with no cell, and bad weather here too. Ive done the Volume up and camera button re-boot menu step, even took a chance a wiped the data, Droid still stuck on the motorola logo. Anybody get this fixed yet? Verizon says I have to wait for a new phone until Tuesday, that is WAY too long!!!

Last edited:

305gopher

Reaction score
I went to Verizon last night and they claimed they would be able to fix it. There plan was to reinstall the update for me, they had no success and gave me a new Droid right on the spot.