any of you experiencing any lag

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Same thought crossed my mind, but I'm sure the owners chiming in here already noticed the lag/stuttering before. I don't think it's placebo, but definitely watching the videos could raise your sensitivity level. I also think something important left out of the conversation so far is that once an owner starts to install their preferred apps, all bets are off. No two phones are the same after they're customized -- in other words it's totally plausible that some/most of the lag has little do to do with the hardware, and is instead due to a "misbehaving" app bogging the system down.

-Matt
I agree with this. I didn't watch the first video, but the thing about the second video is that we don't know what apps are installed on both devices. For example, the s4 could have more apps on it that bogged it down. There's too many variables that viewers don't know about to take the video without a grain of salt, so to speak. Yes I realize he showed an example of one widget, but who knows what processes are running in the background on both devices.

In my little demo of the s4 and the One, they seemed about equal in speed. However, if that's what is considered slow by the s4, then by all means it still blows away my Nexus and it would be a significant upgrade for me.

BobDog437

Reaction score
No lag for me! Had lots of it on my RAZR Maxx HD and not missing it at all. So far, I am loving my S4 dancedroid

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've had a little bit of lag, but I think that's mainly bcuz GroupMe was acting up. Not sure though.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the people experiencing lag I suggest you try Nova Launcher, much smoother than Touch Wiz. I use Nova Launcher with faster than lightning animation speed windows transition settings , it is liquid smooth.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
For the people experiencing lag I suggest you try Nova Launcher, much smoother than Touch Wiz. I use Nova Launcher with faster than lightning animation speed windows transition settings , it is liquid smooth.

My S4 absolutely screams with Nova. Way better than TW.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted but I just turned svoice and animation off and I have experienced zero lag since. Hope this helps :)

GS4/iPhone5

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Sorry if this has already been posted but I just turned svoice and animation off and I have experienced zero lag since. Hope this helps :)

GS4/iPhone5

No need to apologize.. I'm with ya.. SVoice off.. Check.. Animations.. Off.. Check... That's how I roll...

Noted 2x~4 beta

Anomander

Reaction score
I would have to say yes. I always found my JB experience on my Maxx to be a bit sluggish. It is much more fluid with the S4, plus the screen on this phone is amazing. Still getting used to the cool things it can do, and if I can fix the lag on the text messaging APP I would have no complaints.
Have you tried Handcent? I Have noticed no lag with that app and generally no lag at all with my S4.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have you tried Handcent? I Have noticed no lag with that app and generally no lag at all with my S4.

I have not, I will give it a shot. The only lag I see on my phone is in the stock messaging APP, and I verified a friends phone has the same lag apparent. I have stock animations off, and I have Nova on my one before faster than light. The rest of my phone runs like a top on steroids.

Edit: Tried Handcent and was not that big of a fan of it. Went back to GoSMS that I used on my Razr and have not seen the lag I saw before. Plus my screen does not turn on when I get a text message now, double win.

Last edited: