Any noob guides ?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just restored a CM7 nandroid and installed the 8/15 nightly w/out issue, so the most recently nightly is fine (at least it installs)..going to boot up now and see if it runs. Been on MIUI for a while, going to see what's been going on with CM7 lately.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot, you should also calibrate your battery using the free Battery Calibration app from the market whenever you go to a new ROM.

Last edited:
OP
R

reptile_spot

Reaction score
Sigh, this is getting annoying now. I can't even get 8-8 to load. Maybe its my version of Clockwork recovery, not sure though seems odd. Clockwork v2.5.0.8 and 4zroot 1.30

Log (Sig check Disabled)

-- Installing: SDCARD:CM4D2-nightly-2011-08-08.zip
Finding update package....
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

Log (Sig check enabled)

-- Installing: SDCARD:CM4D2-nightly-2011-08-08.zip
Finding update package....
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/CM4D2-nightly-2011-08-08.zip
(bad)
installation aborted.
Signature Check: Enabled

OP
R

reptile_spot

Reaction score
well.... I just figured out how to get it to install. I had to clear all the caches twice. Once I got the errors. but when I go threw and do them again the roms load. Kinda odd. Booting up 8-15 now =)

OP
R

reptile_spot

Reaction score
MIUI another rom that can be loaded w/o a SBF flash? or with the same flash tools as CM7? I might give it a shot also. CM7 is def better then the stock verizon OS. Much faster and touch screen is more responsive so far that I've noticed.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very odd you had to wipe twice...bizarre, really, a wipe should be a wipe. Oh well, you resolved it.

You can move between CM7 and MIUI at will, as MIUi is CM7-based. No SBF required.

However, you should wipe data between the two the first time (e.g., if you go to MIUI, wipe data the first time you install it).

I have a Nandroid backup of both CM7 and MIUI and can switch between them at will (and am doing so no) when I want to.

MIUI currently has connectivity issues that mean that you may lose all connectivity (data/voice/text) intermittently, and have to reboot to reconnect, so I'm going back to CM7 until those issues are resolved. I would hold on trying MIUI until they fix that stuff, but you can try MIUI if you want of course - not everyone using it is getting the connectivity problem.

Last edited:
OP
R

reptile_spot

Reaction score
Figured it all out. Seems the BS tool I downloaded from Marketplace was the problem 1.0.0.5. I downloaded it from another website and boom. Able to install all the roms w/o any hickups!
lol to bad I ended up bricking the phone 12 times today trying to figure this out.

Last edited: