Any news/rumor updates about Froyo?

rsarno

Reaction score
The last i heard was Froyo would drop for the dInc in late July, or Early August. Here we are in Late July so just wondering if any newer PR or rumors have surfaces about this?

Thanks, i get my phone on Tues and am anxious

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Incredible is no longer going to get it this early. It will now get it at the same time as its fatter cousin, the Evo.

/sarcasm

I don't there are anymore rumors about a date.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aDroidman

Reaction score
Because Verizon is making changes (tethering is not free) it will be awhile I have been told that we can expect it around September. Samsung is going to be releasing it first (they have a special contract) and then Verizon is going to follow up. If you really want to get 2.2 Froyo then you can root it. Bugless Beast has an unchanged 2.2. Samsung is releasing 2.2 at the beginning of September but that is expected to be moved up.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Because Verizon is making changes (tethering is not free) it will be awhile I have been told that we can expect it around September. Samsung is going to be releasing it first (they have a special contract) and then Verizon is going to follow up. If you really want to get 2.2 Froyo then you can root it. Bugless Beast has an unchanged 2.2

Ahh, kinda figured that damnit! As soon as i hear "late july, early aug" i thought to myself "that means end of september knowing vzw" LOL

darnit.

Well i wonder if they delay Froyo, if it means we will get that small update that began rolling out? I heard that was only stopped because Froyo was so close lol.

aDroidman

Reaction score
I can't say anything about that small update sorry. But Verizon does have 2.2 and they are making the changes that they want. It is no longer up to Motorola for a release. The changes Verizon are making are so that we don't get any thing "free" we still get all the features of 2.2 only Verizon is going to charge you for tethering and some other features. When Verizon does have a release date it will be flooding the forms and google.

jnmilli352

Reaction score
That F ing sucks I am getting app updates that are already revamped for 2.2 so I thought it would be soon. The tethering charge is BS I pay more for mobile data than I do for my house I should be able to do that free at least.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Based on how long 2.01 took from google's release of the code to OTA update, I expect the ota by late august.

Reaction score
Just read the August 6th rumor...Hope its true..Wish they'd just say when its coming...instead of leaving us guessing...

egobuster1

Reaction score
i cant wait but i love how there launching it for the Droid 1 and they have had froyo roms forever