any news on the next build

wakko1978

Reaction score
Does anyone now when the next build will be out? I was wondering if anyone now if will be based on FRF91?

Thanks

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on it. And if you build a rom from source you can't have a frf91 base. The only thing that can be frf91 on any droid is gapps (google apps). frf91 is for n1 (cvpcs has a great write up on all this in his section). These are not open source and have to be added to any rom built from source. But yes, next build will have frf91 gapps and a few other cool features. :)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Hey jrummy awesome work, loving kangerade 509 with the slick Droid x theme, was hoping you could address this in the next version , maybe it was a bug that was overlooked but swype would not function properly after installing, here's hoping it runs on your next great rom

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Hey jrummy awesome work, loving kangerade 509 with the slick Droid x theme, was hoping you could address this in the next version , maybe it was a bug that was overlooked but swype would not function properly after installing, here's hoping it runs on your next great rom

Hmm...Swype has been working fine on my Kangerade 5.0.9 green theme. I did have to re-install it from the actual swype installer, rather than just restore the app from titanium backup. Just a restore would limit the functionality of swype (effectively disabling the swype feature all together), but a quick re-install with swype installer and I was good to go!

Can't wait for the next ROM, JRummy! I've been trying out SEVERAL different ROMs, and I always end up reverting back to Kang 5.0.9.

Duhman

Reaction score

This is not the proper solution but I have found it to be the best and easiest for me.

I used to do the SwypeInstaller method for each new ROM I tried out because it would never work properly when I restored the app w/ Titanium, but eventually reached my maximum download limit. Per Swype's website I emailed them to reset my download count , blah blah, etc.. and they never got back to me. So while looking thru forums over at XDA I found that you can download the Milestone Swype apk and keep it on your sdcard and just install it each time you move to a new ROM.. it solved all my Swype issues.

To find it, just google "Swype apk milestone". It was the first link from megaupload. I uninstalled the Swype installer and any previous non working Swype keyboards, then just installed the Milestone apk from the sdcard as normal.

HTH

DanDroidX

Reaction score
JRummy, I am curious as to how the FRF91 gapps are different than FRF84B gapps.

Will there be another Droid X theme? I don't think I can live with out it.

It would be great if you could incorporate launchers (ADW/LauncherPro) directly into the system setting as they have done on that slow CM6-RC1. Maybe offer Mike919's or Fabulous' themed versions as a stock replacement for Launcher 2 (which takes up an absurd amount of RAM.)

Last edited:

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be great, as that is all you ever put out.

Just wondering an approx. time that it will be out?

I just rooted my friends phone and was going to upgrade him from V1.1 to 5.0.9, but if the new version will be out within a week or two i will just wait.

Keep up the good work!