Any info when we get our update for SD card

xMellyx

Reaction score
We really need to get the sdcard working so koush can make a functional recovery img and the real rom development can begin. Bcnice20 is trying to enable it with his tiamat kernal. He's a great dev so I hope to see a fix soon :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

wikowsky

Reaction score
It would be nice to at least HEAR from Motorola. I have wrote to Motorola TWICE and their answer is extremely VAGUE and just a tad bit on the Smart-A$$ side. Motorola now has our money so WHY should they care?
SIX HUNDRED BUCKS for the wifi only model and they can't even give me a SINCERE answer!

wikowsky

Reaction score
This is EXCELLENT! If I was even CLOSE to being as good as some of you here, I would do the root & mod in a heartbeat, but I know I would BRICK the darn thing!
This is GREAT news though. If Bigrushdog can do it then hopefully Motorola should have it soon.

Thank You Bigrushdog!

xMellyx

Reaction score
Bigrushdog releaseD tiamat with sdcard support today. Go to the thread on xda.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

marco99

Reaction score
Its June now and I really feel cheated and lied to regarding the hyped up Motorola Xoom. Lets go to 4G and lets get that SD slot update. Up to now they have totally misled the consumers that paid a high price for a product without the features that were promised. Tablets are now coming out with a regular USB port. Motorola better get its act together or risk falling forever behind the I pad due to lack of trust. As far as what Verizon reps are saying, I can honestly say that they are totally clueless with regards to the Xoom and Motorolas intentions.

wikowsky

Reaction score
Its June now and I really feel cheated and lied to regarding the hyped up Motorola Xoom. Lets go to 4G and lets get that SD slot update. Up to now they have totally misled the consumers that paid a high price for a product without the features that were promised. Tablets are now coming out with a regular USB port. Motorola better get its act together or risk falling forever behind the I pad due to lack of trust. As far as what Verizon reps are saying, I can honestly say that they are totally clueless with regards to the Xoom and Motorolas intentions.
The thing that upsets me the most is that Motorola is not keeping us updated. They have said NOTHING to me except, "The SD Slot will be activated via over the air update".
I know HOW it will be done! I want to know WHEN! Actually, I am tired of waiting. I just want a refund.

Nick D

Reaction score
I was planning on picking up a Xoom for my birthday next month, but with no word on the updates & other tablets coming out, I may just go elsewhere. It is a shame that Moto is dropping the ball so bad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

RemyL75

Reaction score
Moto announced that they pushed back 4G until July. It's safe to assume that they pushed back SD card support until then as well.

I'm not in a hurry as I am streaming all of the media I watch/listen to. Plus, by using the Tiamat kernel I have a functioning MicroSD card slot to use in case i start using internal storage.

marco99

Reaction score
I know that some of you are satisfied with the internal memory that it already has, but I know that others are like me and want that extra SD Card space that we were all promised. I could be more patient if moto gave a damn and would communicate truthfully with its loyal buyers.
I would like to know what remyL75 is talking about as far as using "Tiamat kernal"?

Please tell me what I need to do to apply that! I am ready to root this thing because I can wait no longer.

wikowsky

Reaction score
Where did this info come from? I would like to see the official announcement.
About "JULY"

Thanks!

RemyL75

Reaction score
I know that some of you are satisfied with the internal memory that it already has, but I know that others are like me and want that extra SD Card space that we were all promised. I could be more patient if moto gave a damn and would communicate truthfully with its loyal buyers.
I would like to know what remyL75 is talking about as far as using "Tiamat kernal"?

Please tell me what I need to do to apply that! I am ready to root this thing because I can wait no longer.

Once you root the Xoom, you can install a kernel from tiamat that will give your MicroSD slot functionality.

Easiest way to do it is to install ClockworkMod Recovery.

check XDA for various threads regarding rooting, installing clockworkmod recovery, Tiamat kernel, and Tiamat's custom ROM...
Xoom Android Development - xda-developers

Also check Xoomforums...
Motorola Xoom Development

I hope this helps.

RemyL75

Reaction score
July is moreso wishful thinking (at least for me and getting 4G) than official. The official announcement plainly says "Summer" for an LTE update. Summer technically starts this week, so it's "possible" that they could make an announcement this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Even thought July is shaky, it's less shaky than say, the first day of summer lol.