any info on the next BEST Motorola phone?

madmax75th

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Galaxy S3 and while I love the many improvements over my DroidX I was VERY upset by the lack of verbal commands when trying to make a bluetooth call while driving. I only have a couple days to return the S3 so I have to decide quickly. I am assuming the Razor Maxx walks you thru a call like my DroidX did but the RAZOR MAXX HAS A SLOWER PROCESSOR AND ONLY 1 GIG OF RAM. ANY WORD AS TO WHEN THE NEXT BEST mOTOROLA WILL BE RELEASED AND WILL IT BE AT least AS GOOD AS THE s3 PERFORMANCE & STAT WISE? (sorry dang Caps lok got hit)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
madmax75th said:
I recently purchased the Galaxy S3 and while I love the many improvements over my DroidX I was VERY upset by the lack of verbal commands when trying to make a bluetooth call while driving. I only have a couple days to return the S3 so I have to decide quickly. I am assuming the Razor Maxx walks you thru a call like my DroidX did but the RAZOR MAXX HAS A SLOWER PROCESSOR AND ONLY 1 GIG OF RAM. ANY WORD AS TO WHEN THE NEXT BEST mOTOROLA WILL BE RELEASED AND WILL IT BE AT least AS GOOD AS THE s3 PERFORMANCE & STAT WISE? (sorry dang Caps lok got hit)

Clearly speculation here, but the Droid razr hd its supposed to be coming out soon. I don't believe there its any word on the date. My guess is sometime between sept. And Christmas. I would be surprised if it didn't beat the s3 in every way. :) on the other hand, the RAZR maxx would have better battery life.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. the HD (I think) will be released in mid-late August..

There are rumors of a possible moto nexus around Christmas.. that is all rumors.. because the HD hasn't even been announced, but leaked pics are everywhere.. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, the HD will be similar to the s3 but there will be differences.

The HD will have a bigger battery 2530 mah I believe.
It will have the same processor, the qualcom s4.
It will be running ics more than likely.. but there's speculation that it might release with jb.

Other than that. . Idk lol.

The s3 has 2 gigs of ram instead of a quad core processor like the GSM versions...

I doubt the HD will have 2 gigs of ram.

OP
M

madmax75th

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Do you feel the 2 gigs of Ram makes a practical addition or is it just marketing? I wish we could get the dang Quad Core already .

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As far as the difference 2 gigs makes... I guess if you're a gamer, and also do a lot of multi tasking it would come in handy.

As far as the quad core... Intel put out a processor that was a single core. And it worked better than most if not all dual cores. They'll have their chips in Moto devices(supposedly) by Christmas or just after.

I personally don't think we need quad cores, just more efficient use of cycles like Intel is going to do :)

The HD has the new qualcom processor.. its a lot better than the ti omaps that currently sit in moto devices.

The s3 also has the s4..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, 2 gigs of ram is something I wouldn't be opposed to having, with a more efficient processor :)

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Im hoping for the hd or a droid nexus by the end of november

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
M

madmax75th

Reaction score
Thank you very much 94|t1. I remember how much greater the first Desktop dual core processor was at multi tasking but yes, the speed of the processor would do the single task faster than a slower speed dual core. Also the chip in a smartphone, I assume, is nothing like a desktop computer (power limits etc). I just wish the new Razor HD would offer 2 gigs...as I have always said with my computers "there is no such thing as too much Ram ;) .Do you agree with Drew that the 2 phones will not be out til November? Is the Nexus supposed to be better than the HD? I wish I could compare the S3 and the HD at the same time b4 making a final choice.

Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The nexus wouldn't necessarily be better in specs but it wouldn't have motoblur and it would guaranteed every update for two years.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
madmax75th said:
Thank you very much 94|t1. I remember how much greater the first Desktop dual core processor was at multi tasking but yes, the speed of the processor would do the single task faster than a slower speed dual core. Also the chip in a smartphone, I assume, is nothing like a desktop computer (power limits etc). I just wish the new Razor HD would offer 2 gigs...as I have always said with my computers "there is no such thing as too much Ram ;) .Do you agree with Drew that the 2 phones will not be out til November? Is the Nexus supposed to be better than the HD? I wish I could compare the S3 and the HD at the same time b4 making a final choice.

Thanks a lot guys.

The hd is supposed to be announced by the end of this month I have read. But my best guess is they would like to see it as a Christmas release like the og RAZR. The RAZR was released on 11/11/11 and i would have guessed 12/12/12 except it's to late for Christmas. So I'd guess mid Nov.