any info on the next BEST Motorola phone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by madmax75th, Aug 4, 2012.

1. madmax75th

madmax75th New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the Galaxy S3 and while I love the many improvements over my DroidX I was VERY upset by the lack of verbal commands when trying to make a bluetooth call while driving. I only have a couple days to return the S3 so I have to decide quickly. I am assuming the Razor Maxx walks you thru a call like my DroidX did but the RAZOR MAXX HAS A SLOWER PROCESSOR AND ONLY 1 GIG OF RAM. ANY WORD AS TO WHEN THE NEXT BEST mOTOROLA WILL BE RELEASED AND WILL IT BE AT least AS GOOD AS THE s3 PERFORMANCE & STAT WISE? (sorry dang Caps lok got hit)

2. joshxdroid

joshxdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Clearly speculation here, but the Droid razr hd its supposed to be coming out soon. I don't believe there its any word on the date. My guess is sometime between sept. And Christmas. I would be surprised if it didn't beat the s3 in every way. :) on the other hand, the RAZR maxx would have better battery life.

3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. the HD (I think) will be released in mid-late August..

There are rumors of a possible moto nexus around Christmas.. that is all rumors.. because the HD hasn't even been announced, but leaked pics are everywhere.. :D

4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Also, the HD will be similar to the s3 but there will be differences.

The HD will have a bigger battery 2530 mah I believe.
    It will have the same processor, the qualcom s4.
    It will be running ics more than likely.. but there's speculation that it might release with jb.

Other than that. . Idk lol.

The s3 has 2 gigs of ram instead of a quad core processor like the GSM versions...

I doubt the HD will have 2 gigs of ram.

5. madmax75th

madmax75th New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot. Do you feel the 2 gigs of Ram makes a practical addition or is it just marketing? I wish we could get the dang Quad Core already .

6. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    As far as the difference 2 gigs makes... I guess if you're a gamer, and also do a lot of multi tasking it would come in handy.

As far as the quad core... Intel put out a processor that was a single core. And it worked better than most if not all dual cores. They'll have their chips in Moto devices(supposedly) by Christmas or just after.

I personally don't think we need quad cores, just more efficient use of cycles like Intel is going to do :)

The HD has the new qualcom processor.. its a lot better than the ti omaps that currently sit in moto devices.

The s3 also has the s4..

7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Also, 2 gigs of ram is something I wouldn't be opposed to having, with a more efficient processor :)

8. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Im hoping for the hd or a droid nexus by the end of november

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

9. madmax75th

madmax75th New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much 94|t1. I remember how much greater the first Desktop dual core processor was at multi tasking but yes, the speed of the processor would do the single task faster than a slower speed dual core. Also the chip in a smartphone, I assume, is nothing like a desktop computer (power limits etc). I just wish the new Razor HD would offer 2 gigs...as I have always said with my computers "there is no such thing as too much Ram ;) .Do you agree with Drew that the 2 phones will not be out til November? Is the Nexus supposed to be better than the HD? I wish I could compare the S3 and the HD at the same time b4 making a final choice.

Thanks a lot guys.

#9 madmax75th, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    The nexus wouldn't necessarily be better in specs but it wouldn't have motoblur and it would guaranteed every update for two years.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

11. joshxdroid

joshxdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    The hd is supposed to be announced by the end of this month I have read. But my best guess is they would like to see it as a Christmas release like the og RAZR. The RAZR was released on 11/11/11 and i would have guessed 12/12/12 except it's to late for Christmas. So I'd guess mid Nov.