Any Ideas?

reWired

Reaction score
Hey guys, Thanks for all you guys do for the hacking world!

I had my Droid running perfectly on pete's 1.1 rom and was enjoying it immensely, but then i dropped it and broke the screen. So it was Asurion to the rescue and I got a new droid the next day (great service by the way even if the deductible is a bit high).But I digress.....

Anyway, I got the new phone and it was time to start over. I used the sticky to get sp recovery installed (using rsd lite) and then I took the next step to get root using the next sticky on the forum. I then tried to make a back up and this is where it all went terribly awry. Recovery was showing "can't open dev/block/ mmcblk 0p1 (or mmc blk0)". This left me in a boot loop. Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

I managed to get out of the boot loop by using the sd card from the broken phone and I put pete's 1.1 rom on and got the phone working, but not silky smooth as was on the old phone.

I also downloaded rom manager and installed clockmod recovery (used fix permissions) and tried to back up but I get the same error as with sp recovery. At this point I am at a loss and not sure what to do. Should i nuke it back to 2.0.1 and start over? Any advice and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Googling your error looks like fix permissions should fix it, but since it didnt, I would reflash to 2.0.1 SBF and go from there.

Maybe someone has a better solution, but that's probably the easiest solution.

OP
R

reWired

Reaction score
Thanks for the response LtKen. Yeah that is what i was thinking also, but i wanted to get some input to see if I might have overlooked something simple.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I havent seen that specific error before, and it looks like the people who do have it are using ADB to do this sort of stuff. Good luck.