1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by reWired, Jun 5, 2010.

1. reWired

reWired New Member

Hey guys, Thanks for all you guys do for the hacking world!

I had my Droid running perfectly on pete's 1.1 rom and was enjoying it immensely, but then i dropped it and broke the screen. So it was Asurion to the rescue and I got a new droid the next day (great service by the way even if the deductible is a bit high).But I digress.....

Anyway, I got the new phone and it was time to start over. I used the sticky to get sp recovery installed (using rsd lite) and then I took the next step to get root using the next sticky on the forum. I then tried to make a back up and this is where it all went terribly awry. Recovery was showing "can't open dev/block/ mmcblk 0p1 (or mmc blk0)". This left me in a boot loop. Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

I managed to get out of the boot loop by using the sd card from the broken phone and I put pete's 1.1 rom on and got the phone working, but not silky smooth as was on the old phone.

I also downloaded rom manager and installed clockmod recovery (used fix permissions) and tried to back up but I get the same error as with sp recovery. At this point I am at a loss and not sure what to do. Should i nuke it back to 2.0.1 and start over? Any advice and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Googling your error looks like fix permissions should fix it, but since it didnt, I would reflash to 2.0.1 SBF and go from there.

Maybe someone has a better solution, but that's probably the easiest solution.
  3. reWired

reWired New Member

Thanks for the response LtKen. Yeah that is what i was thinking also, but i wanted to get some input to see if I might have overlooked something simple.
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yeah, I havent seen that specific error before, and it looks like the people who do have it are using ADB to do this sort of stuff. Good luck.