1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fowlish, Oct 4, 2011.

1. fowlish

fowlish New Member

Hi! Last week I took my Incredible to Verizon because the speaker on the back was blown. They sent me a Dinc2. I was pumped. My sister has the Incredible still, and wants the upgrade, but her phone works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas on something I can do to help her get the upgrade? Thanks for your help.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Nice how they gave you an Inc2.

In terms of purposely trying to mess the phone up, I don't think we encourage it here. Sometimes you gotta be "lucky"
  3. fowlish

fowlish New Member

If it's not encouraged, I apologize. I wouldn't wanna mess up a good thing.
  4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

I would consult with vzw on that. sometimes they may allow an early upgrade.
  5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

+1
    I was allowed to upgrade 3 lines, 2 months early to get grandfathered in on the unlimited data this summer a day late on the deadline at that.. that was also after throwing the S word at them.. (sprint)

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...
  6. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Well I'm having speaker issues with my D2...I told them I needed a battery, then sent me a replacement a couple of months back, the keyboard is flat, and the speaker cracks like a blown effect, I work on these things but the D2 isn't the easiest to take apart without having to replace many other parts...I truly believe this phone was replaced for this issue..but who knows..I am going to call them, the sad thing is, I think here in my area they are giving the option of x2 and or Inc 2...no slide..I would jump on the d3...but I know how they work...at least we have a decent replacement plan with verizon...And by the way, I am totally against people returning a device for nothing more than an upgrade...of course if there is a true complaint, we do pay insurance for a reason....peace!

Wrote a song about it, Like to hear it? Here it go!
  7. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Just be honest brother, really, I'm glad you got the upgrade..but if people keep upgrading this way, we could see stronger changes to the exchange policy...The inc is definately a decent device worth keeping..tell her that when she waits for the true date to upgrade she will prolly have better phones to choose from...peace! And glad to hear you got your upgrade!!

Wrote a song about it, Like to hear it? Here it go!