Any ideas on why my phone keeps rebooting constantly?

myaswiller

Reaction score
My phone has always rebooted on it's own, like everybody else says, but that was couple times a week. The last few days, it has rebooted on it's own, maybe 5-6 times a day now. It'll be randomly, even when my phone is running fine and not lagging. Any ideas on why? I just flashed back to stock, just in case I need to return it to Verizon, but maybe flashing it will help? I'm not rooted, which sucks, but wireless tethering hasn't been working anyway. Anybody else have that problem also? I can get Barnacle and Wireless Tethering to work as far as my computer will connect to it.....but after about 5 minutes, it will say network is down, and constantly restart the tethering....so I can't do anything. I don't know if it's my phone, the applications, or Verizon. I'd appreciate any feedback....thank you.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My phone has always rebooted on it's own, like everybody else says, but that was couple times a week. The last few days, it has rebooted on it's own, maybe 5-6 times a day now. It'll be randomly, even when my phone is running fine and not lagging. Any ideas on why? I just flashed back to stock, just in case I need to return it to Verizon, but maybe flashing it will help? I'm not rooted, which sucks, but wireless tethering hasn't been working anyway. Anybody else have that problem also? I can get Barnacle and Wireless Tethering to work as far as my computer will connect to it.....but after about 5 minutes, it will say network is down, and constantly restart the tethering....so I can't do anything. I don't know if it's my phone, the applications, or Verizon. I'd appreciate any feedback....thank you.
After you flashed back to stock did you update to 3.8.XX, the last update OTA from Verizon. That update fixed a lot of users problem with random rebooting.

OP
M

myaswiller

Reaction score
I was updated before, but yes, I am updating once again. It has downloaded and installed two updates now. (well in the process of installing second update).

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I was updated before, but yes, I am updating once again. It has downloaded and installed two updates now. (well in the process of installing second update).
Ok, well lets see if the last update works for you...hope so.