1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any idea what could cause a >35% battery drop in <1 min?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by velocity92c, Jul 12, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

So I was flashing cm6, started with 40% battery. Tried it for about 5 minutes, realized that nothing compares to bb and wiped/restored. The whole time I had my phone on the charger. After the resore my battery was still at 40%. I checked my email, opened the browser and suddenly I got the under 5% warning. Even battery graph shows a massive downward spike. Any idea what could've caused this?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

maybe just an improper battery reading the first time

i dont see how anything else could explain this
  3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

As far as I understand, even though you are on the charger, it doesn't charge in recovery console or while actually flashing. Therefore being in the charger did nothing. It probably just took a second for the readings to catch up.

That's why I always flash on a full battery.
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

I did the same thing like 10 minutes ago, but went back to BB also. I agree, the only thing it could be is just an innacurate battery level reading
  5. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

WOW. I did not know that. I just came pretty close to bricking my phone, eh?
  6. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

In my experience flashing ROMS eats through a battery like a fat kid through a cake.

Also, I think when you first boot into a new ROM, it takes a few minutes for it to get everything together, so I imagine a incorrect battery reading is very possible.
  7. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I will second this on top of what I already said.
Search tags for this page

battery dropped from 40% to 5%