Any hope for unlimited?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I was reading about Verizon's aws lte network early today. I'm wondering if they will bring back unlimited data or at least drop their prices. With 80mbps download speeds I will have enough time to eat through my six gigs in a day :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
About a month ago the Verizon CEO said they will never offer Unlimited again. They called it a huge mistake to have ever offered Unlimited.

OP
drew96dawg

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Wow what greedy people... hopefully Googlerola wireless will come and save the consumers.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My problems with this is why have a smart phone without unlimited data? It's like having nipples on a breast plate. The other thing is bandwidth is very cheap why are they acting like it's gold pressed latium. Where I work WiFi is unavailable so I have to be on 4G.

The obvious work around is to do the most intensive "data" work at home and turn data off while at work, but I use my phone for work. Oh well I guess we'll all adjust. It just seems they are squeezing the last nickel out of us, greedy bastard!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
drew96dawg

drew96dawg

Reaction score
My problems with this is why have a smart phone without unlimited data? It's like having nipples on a breast plate. The other thing is bandwidth is very cheap why are they acting like it's gold pressed latium. Where I work WiFi is unavailable so I have to be on 4G.

The obvious work around is to do the most intensive "data" work at home and turn data off while at work, but I use my phone for work. Oh well I guess we'll all adjust. It just seems they are squeezing the last nickel out of us, greedy bastard!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I remember remember reading somewhere that data was around 39 cents per gigabyte in Europe, although it isn't LTE.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wouldn't even get my hopes up about it, Verizon is in it for the money, period. They've already got arguably the best coverage here in the US and now they're making more by offering less data.

Honestly though, the need for unlimited data has greatly dwindled with wifi being pretty much standard wherever you go. Pretty soon places that offer free wifi will start charging though. Being connected 24/7 comes at a price.

OP
drew96dawg

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Wouldn't even get my hopes up about it, Verizon is in it for the money, period. They've already got arguably the best coverage here in the US and now they're making more by offering less data.

Honestly though, the need for unlimited data has greatly dwindled with wifi being pretty much standard wherever you go. Pretty soon places that offer free wifi will start charging though. Being connected 24/7 comes at a price.

Good point. If only complementary wifi was pulling 15-20mbps down like LTE in my area :D