Any GTD folks out there?

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Getting Things Done

I would like to know the set-up you guys have on your droids? Are you using the new action complete? GTasks? I am currently running Remeber The Milk (Paid) so that it can sync online. It's 25 bucks but seems to be worth it.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I'm using Got To Do, it seems to work well, syncs with ToodleDo. But I'll admit, I want to use GTD more than actually using it (I'm trying!)

chart

OP
Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I'm using Got To Do, it seems to work well, syncs with ToodleDo. But I'll admit, I want to use GTD more than actually using it (I'm trying!)

chart
HA! Well I wouldn't exactly call my version of GTD "Doing it" David Allen would laugh his A of if he saw the mess that I am. haha I'm trying too!

number6

Reaction score
Got To Do (paid) syncing with Toodledo (paid) works very well for me. Using the paid version for both permits subtasks, letting you set things up in a project-view layout. Although I never found a way to have Next Action items show up as a subtask related to the parent project in Got To Do. (So I cheat; I use Context as a project label, which shows up for each Next Action item.)

So far, very happy with this combination.

wernst

Reaction score
Well, I'm using the the paid Remember the Milk app, despite the RTM guys being, ahem, spoiled wankers who insist you use their app the way they envision rather than the way you really want to.

Example: the RTM app has two alert sounds: a cowbell and a "moo." You can pick one or the other, but not any of the sounds you may have on your droid.

Another example: there's just one text size, and the text is black on a white background. There's no theming.

More examples: there's just one widget size, there's no way to easily pick dates like "Tomorrow" and "April 25th" from the edit task screen without changing "date modes" with an extra two taps, I don't know how to view notes associated with a task, and that's just off the top of my head.

However, ToodleTo doesn't let you pick what tasks (or group of tasks) can get exported to an iCal calender feed, which means EVERYTHING winds up on your Google Calendar instead of just those tasks you tag "calender" (or whatever).

I've pointed out numerous repeatable and demonstratable bugs with their website, ical feeds, and even one with the Android app and have never gotten a reply.

So why do I use it still? Because it is good enough, supports enough tagging to allow for a good GTD system, and it syncs between the desktop and the handheld promptly and properly, and the multiple iCal feeds let me have multiple Google Calendars (like one for Work, one for Home, and one for Clients). I kind of hate financially supporting these guys, but there just isn't anything better.

-Warr

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
*raises hand* I'm kinda bummed out about this one, I have a mac and use Things on it. I also have Thins iPod Touch version, I wish they'd make an app for android or atleast some kind of web based thing. Right now I'm using astrid w/ RTM syncing.

wernst

Reaction score
Astrid. Oh yes.

I like the idea of Astrid a lot, and I gave it an honest try. Ultimately, I found that if you have more than, say, 8 tags that it gets too cumbersome to use. It also requires you to zip through three "edit task" screens to really change all the task attributes you need to. But I think if your RTM system was pretty simple then Astrid would fit the bill acceptably.

I really liked how it could directly slap RTM items into your Google Calendar via the handheld instead of the iCal-to-GCal-to-Android route that take a solid day or two.

The RTM Android app supports all the smart syntax for adding tasks, like "Buy oil filters thurs 10am #@personal #.event #-carservice !3" which is a big timesaver when you learn how to do it.

-Warr

gatorherb

Reaction score
integration with gmail?

I am a big fan of activeinbox in gmail as a gtd tool but have been playing with rtm on my droid tablet and phone. anyone have advice for managing email processing and pushing emails to their tools?