Any good video chat apps yet similar to Facetime?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know we do not have front facing cameras but I was wondering if anyone has run across a good video chat app?

tackleberry

Reaction score
Only ones I know of are Fring & Knocking.

Fring works on the droid but has a sound feedback problem. If you turn the volume all the way down and just use video it works pretty good.

Knocking has only worked a few times for me. Usually forcecloses or loses connection with the server.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Qik works great! People can also watch you live on a browser.

billyanks2

Reaction score
has anyone tried qix live streaming with the droid x? I tested it out by running qik on my phone and opening my live stream qik site, and while i was videoing all that came up was a black screen on the qik site.

jaycook777

Reaction score
Droid X Video Skype with iPhone 4?

I was wanting to know if my Droid X can do any type of video chat? Skype maybe?

Snow02

Reaction score
Tango works. If you don't mind the no ffc issue.

Last edited:

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Video Chat=Phone to Laptop?

First off I'm still lookin around for an app that ACTUALLY works for these droids, ive heard nothin but freakin complaints for every one mentioned on most forums.(TANGO,FRING,QIK etc) Skype practically had my phone in-op, and i dont even think it has the Mobile to PC capabaility. Oovoo apparently hasn't made themselves available to the droid x yet, but yet, it's made available for other android systems...anyway enough of my complaining. Let me kno if any one of you droid x users had any luck connecting droid to pc for video calling.

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Hey I looked at your link and it brought up a ton of games what's the name of the app you found

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shadowcastermaximun

Reaction score
There is tango which is really great quality and it can face time with an iphone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums