Any good calander apps to recommend

dingtang

Reaction score
I need a simple calander apps for me to write down certain appointment and birthday of friends just like the Moto V9 calander where it has reminder alert for that particular date. I dont need any apps that require to sync with my google accts or google calander. Can anyone recommend me with such apps just like the Moto V9 calander function ? Thanks.

clsales

Reaction score
Hi dingtang,

DejaOffice for Android contains a standalone calendar. You can easily add events and set reminders at a variety of intervals. Take a look,

android-cal-day.png

DejaOffice is available at no cost from the Android market and at www.dejaoffice.com

OP
D

dingtang

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I will try to download the software when I reach home. Does this software provide any reminder alert for our appointment or birthday date ?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Check out a calendar application called Jorte. If you like it, set it as a widget of your choosing, there are like 8 or 9 different widget options. It maintains the ability to sync with your gmail account or you can disable that feature and use it as a standalone. You won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Check out a calendar application called Jorte. If you like it, set it as a widget of your choosing, there are like 8 or 9 different widget options. It maintains the ability to sync with your gmail account or you can disable that feature and use it as a standalone. You won't be disappointed.

+1 It is the best cal widget and who can beat FREEEE!!!!!dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need a simple calander apps for me to write down certain appointment and birthday of friends just like the Moto V9 calander where it has reminder alert for that particular date. I dont need any apps that require to sync with my google accts or google calander. Can anyone recommend me with such apps just like the Moto V9 calander function ? Thanks.

Google Calendars does that. I don't know why you need anything else.

pilot25

Reaction score

Because the display and functionality is garbage. The most egregious overlooked problem by Google on Android.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Because the display and functionality is garbage. The most egregious overlooked problem by Google on Android.

But the OP said he wanted something simple. It doesn't get much simpler then Google Calendar.

I guess I'm not that fussy.

OP
D

dingtang

Reaction score
Thank you for all your advises. I just try out Jorte apps but very sad, it dont have any reminder alert. I dont want to use Google calendar because i did not apply for any data plan from my handphone provider. I still prefer the old calendar of my moto V9 bec it has reminder alert and different type of build-in event type inside it. Does anyone know of any apps similiar to the function of my moto V9 ? Thanks.

tt07

Reaction score
check out Android Agenda Widget in the market.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
..just another plug for Jorte.. works great w/ or without google calendar.. how's the android with no data plan working out for you btw?.. don't know how I could ever do that..

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Any calendar apps have 1 at a time snoozeable reminders?