Any good apps?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has both my main calender and the gmail one which is why they are duplicated... gotta figure out how to get rid of gmail one.

brent.murray

Reaction score
oh oh I know this one! :) On your phone, go to settings,accounts, then click on your google account, the simply unselect "sync Calendar".

Try that and let me know...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually my main and only calender is gmail .... but the holidays are duplicated. Can't figure it out.

brent.murray

Reaction score
Ok. Last thing I can think of... Go to the stock Calendar app on your phone. Click Options->Settings->manage Calendars. Now look and make sure you don't have 2 Holiday calendars selected.

The only other thing would be go to your G-Cal website and look and what calendars your have selected from there. Hope this works bud.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good idea - did that and saw no duplicates. I guess I won't worry about it.

My phone isn't syncing my contacts either but since I don't really use gmail for contact's I'm not freaking about it - wish I could sync outlook.

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
Could someone please give me a fairly, though not excessively, detailed explanation for why I should not use a task killer? It may be idiosyncratic, but I hate the fact that my phone opens/runs apps without me willing it to be so: However, being the eminently reasonable man that I am, I am (possibly) capable of dealing w/ it should task killer apps prove to be detrimental to the overall health/performance of my phone.

Thank you

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator

Ziggie

Reaction score
I will not actually reply to the previous post. The poster only needs to check out one of the stickies about android and task killers.

One of the best and most essential apps is Screeble. It prevents your screen from going dark when you're using your phone. It should be standard on all phones. FYI : its not available for the iphone!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
I had calendar pad... loved it... switched to Business Calendar... Has better UI and more features.... FREE. Try it out. :cool:

I use calendar pad pro because it shows the names of my all day events on the month view. My husband works a weird schedule of 6 days on and 3 days off. I have it set up as a repeating event on my google calendar and its very helpful to see his schedule easily, I don't really use it for much else.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Business Calender Pad has a mode where you can see the whole month with descriptions, and you can set it so when you tap on it, it takes you to the agenda view. It makes editing an appointment or adding one easy. Love it.

MacDuffie

Reaction score
Good idea - did that and saw no duplicates. I guess I won't worry about it.

My phone isn't syncing my contacts either but since I don't really use gmail for contact's I'm not freaking about it - wish I could sync outlook.

I bought CompanionLink to sync Outlook. Not free, or even cheap - but I'm a business user and need it to sync Outlook and not cause problems. Works great!

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
@Ziggie (if that is your real name);

...having looked at the 'sticky' thread titles on each of the Bionic forums herein, I can only say 'Meow'.

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator