Any good apps?

Nightwolf5000

Reaction score
Really enjoying my new bionic! What are some essential apps that would truly make this device show what its got?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

devils3023

Reaction score
Do not use any task killer on these phones. As for essential apps, droidforums of course! ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brent.murray

Reaction score
I've heard not to use task killer on these phones, however I have ATK.... is it b/c they have one built in? And do you notice a difference with/without one?

lanza_david

Reaction score
It is because task killers do more harm than good. Android memory management takes care of that by itself. Am I right guys?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

King_Bean

Reaction score
I've been an Android user since December 2009 and I haven't used a task killer since January 2010 (almost two years) and both of the Android devices I've owned have worked perfectly without one.

BOA

Reaction score
+1 Don't use Task Killers...

GoSMS is pretty good too. Just started using it and loving it. Used to use Handscent.

Last edited:

lanza_david

Reaction score
exactly what the name implies. LOL
when you end a call, instead of the phone going to the dialer it makes it so the phone goes to the HOME screen... wonderful app!

Thanks! Heading to the market!

yiannis

Reaction score
It is because task killers do more harm than good. Android memory management takes care of that by itself. Am I right guys?

There are built in ways to kill apps and you don't want any program other than the built-in ones doing so.

Unfortunately both Facebook and Skype run at startup and also run even after you have exited these apps. You have to go to settings>applications>running services tap for each app and "force stop" them. Every time.