Any good apps for downloading music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwerk

Reaction score
I'd love to have one. Any sweet posts with info regarding the topic would be sweet!

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'd love to have one. Any sweet posts with info regarding the topic would be sweet!

Music Junk is a free app in the Market. It lets you download an unlimited amount of MP3s for FREE. They have a huge database. Check it out. "i music" is also in the Market. It allows free downloads to but their database is smaller than Music Junk's.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Music Junk is a free app in the Market. It lets you download an unlimited amount of MP3s for FREE. They have a huge database. Check it out. "i music" is also in the Market. It allows free downloads to but their database is smaller than Music Junk's.
Hey Grunt - quick question, do the kids play games with these, for example if you think you're downloading "Them Crooked Vultures" and you actually get a Frank Sinatra song? Just curious if it's like the old Napster, Limewire/Frostwire games the kids played.

nphil

Reaction score
All these music apps work the same way, search google with some very clever search strings. The accuracy of the results depends on how the app goes about searching for them.

See G2P Beta v0.2: Google helps me find the goods

I've been using that for a long long time, much safer than torrents or limewire.

samiusmc

Reaction score

Hey Grunt - quick question, do the kids play games with these, for example if you think you're downloading "Them Crooked Vultures" and you actually get a Frank Sinatra song? Just curious if it's like the old Napster, Limewire/Frostwire games the kids played.

I haven't seen any songs that had the wrong title so I guess they're not playing any games.

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
I cannot find "music junk" on the market?

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I get all of my music off of Amazon mp3. Songs for .99 and after awhile they have a lot of albums for $5.

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
I've been using "MP3 Download" from the market. I tried Music Junk but the only player that could see its folder for me was the stock player. Dont have that problem with this app.

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Here you go Itwerk...

OK....somewhat of a newb here...now how do I install this to my Droid? Is that the actual app? How do I get it installed onto my phone now?

Thanks.

First step is if you don't have Astro File manager you will want to get it from the market.

Then make sure you allow your phone to install unknown source apps.
Go to settings - Applications - and check the box for unknown sources.

Then rename the file to .apk
Copy it to your phones SD card
Then browse to where you put the file using Astro File manager.
Click on the file and then Astro will ask you if you want to install.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.