Any games like HOMM?

skel1977

Reaction score
Heroes of might and magic. Building strategy, RTS type games. I think they have one on Iphone called palm or pocket heroes. Havent seen one available for droid yet.

Varking

Reaction score
Do you mean Pocket Legends? If so, Pocket Legends should be coming to Android very, VERY soon.

gallumbits

Reaction score
I believe I found the "droids that you are looking for" *pun intended*
It is called fheroes2 (free heroes afaik). Installing it now - will post in the next 10-15 minutes again.

Finished installing it - doesn't work for me though. Probably because I am using a weird ROM on my Motorola. Attaching the .apk after all.
From what I read once you install it you need to change app-data/net.sourceforge.fheroes2/fheroes2.cfg "videomode = some_resolution"

P.S. File is untested, at least it didn't work on my Milestone. I don't take any responsibility as I am not the maker of the app... :p

New!: Managed to get it running - set the videomode option to 480x360 and it started :) Will try to find the optimal settings :)
COOLNESS!!!: videomode should be 640x480 on the milestone - works perfectly :)))))))) Hope I was of some help :)

Attachments

• fheroes2 (2).zip
    3 MB · Views: 386
OP
S

skel1977

Reaction score
thanks man, will check it when i get home

Actually quick question. I have never installed a zip file on droid. How do i go about doing this?

Should i unzip it on my pc and then transfer to my droid?

OP
S

skel1977

Reaction score
Nevermind figured it out. Ill let you know what i think of the game later on. Seems like it will take a while to install

Edit: unfortunately this will not work for me either. It locks up at 97% loading. :(

bdub33

Reaction score
Try Pocket Empires

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gallumbits

Reaction score
If you want I can attach the files along with a guide on how to install them.
PS after checking it appears that the game is open source so I hope nobody locks/deletes this thread :)

GT944

Reaction score
So what's your take on these games, guys? Worth anything?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
S

skel1977

Reaction score
Pocket empires is ok. I can log in once a day and build stuff. Havent really done much else than that. Its not time consuming though so thats good for me.

Im pretty addicted to parallel kingdroms right now. Im sure that will where off

Anubis

Reaction score
A lot of these games are fun for the first day or so but then you end up hitting snags and end up either having to wait days or weeks to do anything or have to pay money to continue on. Wish I could just find a game that didn't do that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

GT944

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that. It may be too much to ask of a free app :p I would gladly pay a few bucks for a half decent strategy game though.

Anubis

Reaction score
My view is that we have these amazing video games out for the 360 and PS3 and such and the games on the droids (while still cool) seem like we've reverted back to years ago in terms of the games out there. I feel like we shouldn't have to pay for obsolete games despite them being mobile.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

GT944

Reaction score
Truth. Although if Nintendo were to start putting out classic games for Droid i could spend a few bucks for a quality program y'know? But even Nintendo could stand to just get their bucks on ads, not to mention these little no-name guys. Chances are they would get a lot more downloads - it would fit the culture of the people that use these devices.