Any final words on the update?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The list of bug fixes was huge, it does explain the time it took to send it out, but damn that's a lot to fix!

So how did it do, over all I mean?

Tyler_C

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this update fixes the "this application is not installed" bug? It happens when I have an app installed and a shortcut on the homescreen. And randomly when I click the shortcut that message pops up. Can anyone let me know

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mykl376

Reaction score
Still waiting. Those are my words on it. I've checked every so often this weekend and everytime my phone says I'm already up to date with 886. I've done restarts and still nothing. Poor me....

Tyler_C

Reaction score
Still waiting. Those are my words on it. I've checked every so often this weekend and everytime my phone says I'm already up to date with 886. I've done restarts and still nothing. Poor me....

Same here

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this update fixes the "this application is not installed" bug? It happens when I have an app installed and a shortcut on the homescreen. And randomly when I click the shortcut that message pops up. Can anyone let me know

Yep it's fixed.

Tyler_C

Reaction score
Thanx. Thats nice to know. I still haven't gotten it though.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This may be a good thing.

The updates for the X2 seemed to take forever but they really improved the phone.

Moto has made some noises that where taking the update process seriously, perhaps they are?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Thanx. Thats nice to know. I still haven't gotten it though.

You can download the update and apply it manually if you want to. My wife got the OTA pushed on Friday to her Bionic, and by Saturday night I was sick of waiting so I did it manually. Then I compared all the version numbers on the "About Phone" screen between hers and mine, and they were all identical. Check post #73 in this thread for the file. Copy to SD card, rename to update.zip, power off. Hold down both volume buttons when powering back on, then use volume buttons to select "Apply update" and press power again. Worked like a charm for me.

ripper2860

Reaction score
BTW -- No need to rename the file to Update.zip. Keep the name or rename to whatever you'd like for easy ID later. Just keep the ZIP file extension.

th3demolitionman

Reaction score
I renamed the file update.zip, turned off the phone and hit both volume buttons and got a menu but got no apply update option. Any suggestions

ripper2860

Reaction score
After getting to that menu ...

To get into Recovery:
1. Volume down to highlight “Recovery.”
2. Press Volume up to select it.
3. When the Android logo appears, press and release both Volume keys.
4. Use Volume down to highlight "Apply Update from SD Card" and select by using the Power button.
5. Browse using Volume keys and highlight the file.
8. Select the file using the Power button

NOTE: The file must be on the EXTERNAL SD CARD (not the 8GB internal storage area).