Any Feedback On Screen Protectors?

rayrey10

Reaction score
I've been using Best Skin Ever screen protectors and they are are really good. I've used them on my Storm, Curve and now Droid. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do they compromise the tactile fel of the touch screen.
Check out the Accessories forum. There's a quite a bit of discussion there already. It really depends on who you ask. It's a very subjective matter.

I've been very happy with the Steinheil Crystal. YMMV, of course. The Crystal doesn't really do anything for smudges IMO.

Gorilla Glass my friend....NO need for a screen protector....in my opinion!

Do a goolge search for "gorilla glass and droid"....lots of info...
There are also quite a few threads posted by those with scratched screens. Here are a few just from this site:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/6444-droid-screen-does-scratch.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/28928-tiny-scratch-screen.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/7402-small-scratch-my-screen.html

Again, the choice to use one is a subjective matter. If you're worried about then use a screen protector. If, not then don't.

Last edited:

rooster.droid

Reaction score
I went protectorless for the first 2 months. but i have 2 small scratches and decided i better screen up. i have zagg and am NOT impressed. On my second and it came with a minor flaw on the left side.

Helmut

Reaction score
I agree, I used a screen protector for the first month, I just couldn't stand the bubbles around the ear piece any longer! I have also noticed that screen smudges are less noticeable without the protector on.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Actually a lot of things can scratch the screen. I use the screen protector crystal clear and I notice small not deep scratches in the protector. However this protector has the best feel and clarity of any protector out there.

Of course you see scratches in the protector but you wouldn't see them in the glass. Glass does not scratch easily, it's not plastic. If you feel more comfortable having a screen protector then fine that's up to you but don't just say a lot of things can scratch glass without saying what exactly those things are.

We know keys can't scratch it. We know sand might scratch it. And diamond dust. What else?

I'd bet my phone that sand scratches gorilla glass like butter.

Just because a key can't scratch the phone doesn't mean its invincible. Keys are made from soft metals, hence why you can break them in a lock. If you went outside and rubbed your phone on some rocks, I bet you would change your tune. Now granted a screen protector wont really help with that either. But, it does help against little harder metals. Such as metals on pencils in your pocket, or the little metal buttons around jean pockets.

Bottom line is screen protectors wont make the Droid scratch proof, but will help protect against a wider selection of threatening objects.

monkeydog

Reaction score
My droid has been naked since November 6th with regular daily use and there isn't a single scratch on the screen. Only damage is a small chip of rubberized material from the battery cover has come off on the corner.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
My droid has been naked since November 6th with regular daily use and there isn't a single scratch on the screen. Only damage is a small chip of rubberized material from the battery cover has come off on the corner.

+1 on the no scratches since launch day and been naked the whole time :icon_ banana: (i did prob just jinx myself, oh well)

jRaskell

Reaction score
My own 2 cents (and it's arguable if it's worth even that much), adjusting your own habits with your phone will likely be FAR more effective at protecting it than any third party accessories you buy to do so.

Bottom line is, if you are careless with your phone, you're probably going to damage it in some form at some point in the future, with or without some sort of protective device. I had a BB for several years, a G1 since it was released, and now own a Droid. The BB took a lot of abuse when I first bought it. Adjusted how I took care of the phone and had no more problems. The G1, after almost 1.5 years, is still in excellent shape with NO protective accessories whatsoever. I have no concerns about the Droid either.

Riddick

Reaction score
I don't see why people are advocating against screen protectors. If you get a good one you wont even notice it's there, and it provides extra protection and peace of mind. You're carrying around a device worth $500 in your pocket, why not take care of it and buy a screen protector and a shell to cover it?

My droid has ZERO scratches or blemishes on it. When I take off the shell it looks like it's brand new. Like I said, my only complaint about screen protectors are that the prices are a scam. You don't NEED one but it doesn't hurt to have one.