Any Feedback On Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tahoe54, Mar 25, 2010.

1. tahoe54

tahoe54 New Member

Do they compromise the tactile fel of the touch screen. Now that bought a docking station and use my DROID as an alarm clock at night, every smudge on the screen looks bad. THX!
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Never used one here on my Droid....Screen is perfect.
  3. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Many discussions of screen protectors on the Droid Accessories board.
  4. Riddick

Riddick New Member

I don't even remember what my screen felt like without the protector. It feels fine though, if you care about your screen then you should use one. The problem I have with screen protectors though is that they're a scam, you pay 15 bucks for a tiny piece of plastic. Ridiculous.
  5. RichSmithSWM

RichSmithSWM New Member

I bought my Droid in December. After about a week I put a screen protector on. I really didn't like the feel especially if it was damp out. I took it off after a few days and was happier. My Droid is all banged up with scratches and nicks. But the screen is fine.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It's not impossible but it's awful hard to scratch glass. The right circumstances and it could happen like if you happen to be around diamond dust (and I've never even seen that) and possibly sand I heard can scratch the glass. But outside of that car keys can't. If you drop your Droid and break the glass a screen protector isn't going to help that.

Maybe if I worked in construction I could see some sense in it but for most people I think it's not necessary.
  7. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Actually a lot of things can scratch the screen. I use the screen protector crystal clear and I notice small not deep scratches in the protector. However this protector has the best feel and clarity of any protector out there.
  8. fallsgable

fallsgable New Member

Gorilla Glass my friend....NO need for a screen protector....in my opinion!

Do a goolge search for "gorilla glass and droid"....lots of info...
  9. gmpdmd

gmpdmd New Member

Steinheil Anti Fingerprint Protector is awesome!! I could not stand the fingerprints either. It makes the screen just a touch hazy but I got used to it very fast. I like the feel even better that without a protector. It also when on without any bubbles. I strongly recommend.
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Of course you see scratches in the protector but you wouldn't see them in the glass. Glass does not scratch easily, it's not plastic. If you feel more comfortable having a screen protector then fine that's up to you but don't just say a lot of things can scratch glass without saying what exactly those things are.

We know keys can't scratch it. We know sand might scratch it. And diamond dust. What else?
  11. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

12. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

I used a protector for a while after I got mine, but after getting sick of looking at bubbles around the earpiece, I dumped it haven't looked back.
  13. Christobal

Christobal New Member

I like this one too. As mentioned, it has a matte feel/look, but no smudges and no noticeable degradation in function. Recommendation seconded if you are really worried about scratches.

C
  14. svttech76

svttech76 New Member

I have had my droid a little over a month with no protector and no scratches, and I work as a auto tech. I did have a hard case on it for few weeks but now its naked
  15. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

if thinking about a screen protector watch this video, after watching it i didnt ever want one for the droid again....

Enjoy!
  16. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

17. rayrey10

rayrey10 New Member

I've been using Best Skin Ever screen protectors and they are are really good. I've used them on my Storm, Curve and now Droid. I highly recommend them.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  18. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Check out the Accessories forum. There's a quite a bit of discussion there already. It really depends on who you ask. It's a very subjective matter.

I've been very happy with the Steinheil Crystal. YMMV, of course. The Crystal doesn't really do anything for smudges IMO.

There are also quite a few threads posted by those with scratched screens. Here are a few just from this site:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/6444-droid-screen-does-scratch.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/28928-tiny-scratch-screen.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/7402-small-scratch-my-screen.html

Again, the choice to use one is a subjective matter. If you're worried about then use a screen protector. If, not then don't.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  19. rooster.droid

rooster.droid New Member

I went protectorless for the first 2 months. but i have 2 small scratches and decided i better screen up. i have zagg and am NOT impressed. On my second and it came with a minor flaw on the left side.
  20. Helmut

Helmut New Member

I agree, I used a screen protector for the first month, I just couldn't stand the bubbles around the ear piece any longer! I have also noticed that screen smudges are less noticeable without the protector on.