Any Droid 1 Owners in a contract till 2012 jealous about new devices?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm actually still very happy with the D1....the support from the developer community is stellar so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Great devices have been put out but nothing that has made me want to retire my current device.

When a device comes out that really impresses me then ill make the switch. Until then a rooted D1 is pretty awesome.

Sent from my Droid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
They will pretty much let you upgrade early at anytime if you extend your contract by 2 years, and I believe you can only go as far as 1 extention.

Darksthour

Reaction score
I love my OG droid and yes i would love to get a new phone that's faster and better looking but like its been said if i did do buy the new phone then probably a month later another new phone will come out that's even better. basically I'm gonna stick with my phone till my upgrade is ready in 2012 and then do a huge upgrade and really notice some changes then. That way when i do get a new phone its gonna be a HUGE difference in looks and functionality. And on a side not what is this droid pro i hear so much about?

Elric

Reaction score
They will pretty much let you upgrade early at anytime if you extend your contract by 2 years, and I believe you can only go as far as 1 extention.
Chasing the technological cutting edge when the hardware is on the upside of the exponential curve is a losing man's game.... Folks who do this will then find themselves in a three year contract with LTE and 3.0 devices imminent and starting think "maybe I should pay full retail and get the Droid X^2 LTE HD Pad"

It's like a dog chasing it's own tail.

lyam

Reaction score
With Froyo, the latest version of LauncherPro and Tasker installed on my Droid, I have no desire for a new phone. This phone is amazing. And I always have the option to root if I get tired of my current settings.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Only because they have more options and features. Other then that I'm very happy with my Droid. So much better then my dumbphone. I can't believe all I can do with this thing. And I do them! My last phone I had some features, but they weren't what I wanted, so I never used most of them. This one I'm choosing what I want on it and using it.

Since I just got my Droid1, I'll keep it until my contract expires or a great early upgrade comes along (probably after a years use).
By then, like others said, an even better phone will be out and those with Droid X or Droid 2 will be jealous of my phone:) and I'll be glad I couldn't upgrade.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I know I am. I want a Droid 2 so bad. The keyboard looks so much better to use and overall its just a much sleeker device. I love my droid and all, but I'm kinda regretting upgrading early just so i could get a Droid asap...

anyone else feel the same way I do? lol

Nope, none of the current phones do it for me above the Droid 1. With big screens and no keyboard to the same but slightly faster and all having locked bootloaders.......nothing is a significant step above my rooted, overclocked, custom 2.2 rom running Droid 1.

Now come 2012 when my contract is up for renewal....there should be some significant increases in everything, making it worthwhile even if it's bootloader locked and all...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
certainly not jealous of the D2. i would like to have a bigger screen, like on the X, but i'm perfectly content to wait for the Pro or an LTE device. especially since D2 and X haven't cracked the bootloader. i'm rooted with choices for numerous kicka** roms and themes that you can't run on D2/X, and overclocked with a 1250 Quadrant score. i'm getting just about everything out of my D1 (and maybe more) than i could with those others - they should be jealous of me/us!! :)

markwebb

Reaction score
I'm actually still very happy with the D1....the support from the developer community is stellar so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Great devices have been put out but nothing that has made me want to retire my current device.

When a device comes out that really impresses me then ill make the switch. Until then a rooted D1 is pretty awesome.

Sent from my Droid

I agree wholeheartedly. I can wait another 6+ months...or so.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My D1 is absolutely the perfect smartphone for me until I can upgrade to a 4G phone.... should be enough time for VZW right?... lmao

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my Droid 1. I'll be happy to upgrade to a version in a year and a half. Probably a newer version of the Droid X, as I don't ever use the pull-out keyboard any more. But mostly, whatever version I upgrade to is going to run on LTE - that's what I'm most looking forward to.

Nealius

Reaction score
both of my droids will come up for upgrades in 2012.
The X kinda had me going nuts when it was released. I got over it.
the pro makes me a bit jealous. But as long as the Dev's keep kicking out new stuff Im good for a long while.

JePiNaY

Reaction score
I'm still fairly happy with my Moto Droid. Not about to change it once my contract's up.

Anomander

Reaction score
Not really since when I do get to upgrade there should be some pretty damn good phones available (dual core hopefully). Plus I think there will always be something better around the corner.