Any downside to using appbrain on the INC

Reaction score
I like the look of what appbrain is and does. any downside to it? meaning is it a complete mirror as to whats on the market? just dont want to DL anything malicious by accident. also how does it sync your apps through gmail? do you have to link it with a gmail account or can you just browse to the appbrain site?

thanks for the help!

moonnite

Reaction score
app brain see's what apps are on the phone or the list you make from the web site and makes recommendations based on it, it also has hot list of what is being downloaded the most, its basically social networking for the android market, also the website on the side has list of similar apps your viewing and list of other apps wrote by same person, the appbrain app will sync your computer list of apps to the phone

its really great way to stumble threw the massive amount of apps, someone in podcast said 300 apps are being added a day, i dont know how accorate that is but i dont have time to go threw anything close to 300 apps, lol

it works better linked to your gmail account but it is browse-able without

i :heart: appbrain

Edit: opps, forgot the downside... you might get addicted to downloading great apps

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
THanks! The thing that puts me off is linking it to my gmail account.

When I go on their site and try to join it brings me to my gmail login screen and says

[SIZE=-1] "AppBrain may use your email address to personalize your experience on their website."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]what does this mean?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]thanks!
[/SIZE]

moonnite

Reaction score
means the recommended apps list will change based on which apps you sync to your phone and when you click install it knows where to sync the apps to

if you dont trust it then make a dummy gmail email account and use that with the market and appbrain

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you! If I make a dummy one it doesnt have to be the main one on my phone? i can just do this through the web and the app?

thanks

jorgetech

Reaction score
appbrain is ok but I have moved on to a site called RawApps.com.

Unlike Apprain, Androlib, etc. they have community features & rating tools like Netflix does.