Any disadvantage with Xoom 3G/4G version compared to WiFi-only

TuxDude

Reaction score
I ordered my Xoom Wi-fi only from Amazon, but the seller instead sent me a 3G/4G version of Xoom.

It works fine, no issues. It asked me about activating my Mobile network a couple of times but now it doesn't (good for me :) )

I'm kinda new to Honeycomb and I intend to use my Xoom for development purposes like modifying the kernel, ROMs and such. Would the 3G/4G version of Xoom cause any problems for these ? Other than for dev - any known issues on this model compared to the WiFi only ?

Thanks

soulshot96

Reaction score
Except for the time it takes the 3g/4g zoom to get updates, there's not much of a difference

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Except for the time it takes the 3g/4g zoom to get updates, there's not much of a difference

sorry but that makes no sense to me at all, I have the 4 g conversion done on mine... Aside from the 4 g radio there is absolutely no difference with the wifi only , what update would 1 get that the other did not?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only difference would be when you're on the go. You will need to hunt down wifi to get anything vs. been connected all the time on the 3G/4G.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

soulshot96

Reaction score
I'm talking about how long it takes for them to roll out b/c of the Verizon authentication process(bunch of bull****). The wifi version always gets the updates first.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I'm talking about how long it takes for them to roll out b/c of the Verizon authentication process(bunch of bull****). The wifi version always gets the updates first.

Lol, really? Based on what wifi vs. 4g models of anything? What update has come out since the upgrade? Mine was in first run done and I've yet to hear off an update avail that isn't already on my Xoom?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk