Any decent wireless chargers?

rosariorose9

Reaction score
So, I just got this charger on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXJGHML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When it works, it charges rapidly...BUT that's when it works. Much of the time, I put my 4XL on the stand, it seems to be charging, but when I come back to the phone an hour later, it has actually discharged. Obviously, there must be a 'sweet spot' on the charger, but that spot is hard to hit.

So, can anyone recommend a charger? Is the Pixel Stand any better? Thanks.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, bkdodger for the links. By the way, tried that code and it did not work.

I was hoping, though, that someone could recommend a specific wireless charger (name and model number) that (1) they have used, and that (2) they find is not as ';finicky' as mine. I want something that I can put my phone on and not worry whether I have positioned it precisely correctly. Otherwise, I might as well just plug my phone into a wired charger, since I know that will always work.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hardly ever use wireless charging, but did test my Pixel on my Verizon brand wireless charging stand (hard to find these days) and my daughter's Tylt Vu stand, which can still be found on Amazon. I think the key is finding one with multiple qi pads inside (like the Tylt) or buy the Pixel Stand since it was specifically made to lineup with a Pixel and not be finicky. Single Qi coul pads can be very finicky if not made specifically for a specific phone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Sajo. Really appreciate your reply. Think I just may splurge for the Pixel charger.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Tylt Vu is around $25 on Amazon and a nice stand. But the Pixel Stand is definitely nice if you can afford one, and don't mind spending that much.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
As it turns out, my day old Choetech charger was actually dead. So, will get a replacement from Amazon. If that doesn't work, will take your suggestion and get the Pixel stand. Fingers crossed that the next Choetech will not also be a dud. Thanks again, Sajo.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks, bkdodger for the links. By the way, tried that code and it did not work.

I was hoping, though, that someone could recommend a specific wireless charger (name and model number) that (1) they have used, and that (2) they find is not as ';finicky' as mine. I want something that I can put my phone on and not worry whether I have positioned it precisely correctly. Otherwise, I might as well just plug my phone into a wired charger, since I know that will always work.
Ah crap I wonder what I copied doe code lol

I see you getting a replacement..good

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Wow - FIVE coils! Thanks a million for taking the time to search that out. That will DEFINITELY be my choice if the Choetech replacement Amazon sends me does not pan out.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, you got me with the five coils, and the copy on Amazon which indicates that it is not necessary to search out the 'sweet spot'. Went ahead and ordered it. Thanks again, bkdodger. Really appreciate your help.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Arrived today from Amazon. All I can say is, WOW, this thing is powerful. No need to search for a sweet spot - it's impossible to not charge the phone when you put it on the pad. Thanks again for the recommendation, bkdodger. You have solved my issue.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Awesome!