Any decent and free Tapatalk alternatives?

Reaction score
Just curious. I've bought so many apps that I really love to use (Touiteur, Beautiful Widgets and others) and didn't mind paying for, but now I need to slow down on purchasing, hehe. It adds up.

So, anyone know of and use any free alternatives to Tapatalk? I've searched around, but don't really find a whole lot in the area.

Technoman

Reaction score
Just curious. I've bought so many apps that I really love to use (Touiteur, Beautiful Widgets and others) and didn't mind paying for, but now I need to slow down on purchasing, hehe. It adds up.

So, anyone know of and use any free alternatives to Tapatalk? I've searched around, but don't really find a whole lot in the area.

Tapatalk is well worth the $2.99 it costs.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol make browser bookmarks then add tehm to ur homescreen?

liferefugee

Reaction score
No alternatives I could find... Have not regretted buying though, and I am picky what I pay for.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bort

Reaction score
I don't think you need an app on a smart phone to post on forums. Taptalk is most likely a great application however as long as your phone is capable of seeing the forum you want to post on and, the important part, has and uses cookies (most smart phones do as far as I know) you shouldn't need an app to post on forums. While I support any type of technology's development...why get something much less pay for something you don't need?

I don't have taptalk installed on my droid and it works just fine through a browser. I'm writing this post with my pc. I will write the next post, as a test, with my droid (without taptalk).

Bort

Reaction score
Driod test. No taptalk

Droid test. No taptalk.

See? Works just fine. No need no taptalk. I know this post is old. Maybe some people have figured out that taptalk is not needed.
Or do people prefer using taptalk for some reason, like it's easier?

I've tried taptalk to check it out and it doesn't find the forums I regularly participate on. Plus, as this post proves, I don't need to pay for a $3 app on my phone. It's just not necessary. Works without it. Just like on a pc or mac through a browser.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
Droid test. No taptalk.

See? Works just fine. No need no taptalk. I know this post is old. Maybe some people have figured out that taptalk is not needed.
Or do people prefer using taptalk for some reason, like it's easier?

I've tried taptalk to check it out and it doesn't find the forums I regularly participate on. Plus, as this post proves, I don't need to pay for a $3 app on my phone. It's just not necessary. Works without it. Just like on a pc or mac through a browser.

Except using tapatalk is way faster than even using a mobile site.

joriordain

Reaction score

I'd switch to free desktop BuzzBundle version

faded1

Reaction score
Tapatalk was free in the play store as of yesterday. There is a paid version but the free version, as I understand it, was the previous paid version now being offered for free.