Any Confirmed 4.3 Updates?

Kittysback

Reaction score
I just got the update today. Haven't noticed any difference yet but haven't used it much.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

mghokie7

Reaction score
Got the Verizon OTA 4.3 update this past Thursday, and my battery life has been awful since. Did a factory reset, and that didn't fix the problem. Google play services, Android system, and Android OS are using the most battery and causing wake locks.

Anybody else have major battery drain issues with the 4.3 update?

Wakenup23v

Reaction score
My battery life was awful the first week and got better. Did a few battery pulls and other things. Not sure what helped.

Blossom151

Reaction score
I received the update over the weekend and my battery life had went down the drain. Then when it's time to charge, it takes All night, when it used to be a couple of hours. Then yesterday morning it was at81%, left it alone, came back an hour later and it had went down 2%.:what:
This is my first issue since getting this phone when it first came out. Very upsetting. I've done everything I've read to do here on on DFs. With no luck. :(

usmc~wife~151*

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I received the update over the weekend and my battery life had went down the drain. Then when it's time to charge, it takes All night, when it used to be a couple of hours. Then yesterday morning it was at81%, left it alone, came back an hour later and it had went down 2%.:what:
This is my first issue since getting this phone when it first came out. Very upsetting. I've done everything I've read to do here on on DFs. With no luck. :(

usmc~wife~151*

You might try doing a reset if it persists. My battery life wasn't great at first, but after a few cycles with the battery charging and depleting it seemed to level out. After a few weeks I'm getting about what I had before (maybe a bit less, but hard to say).

kar

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it turned out that the update had set settings/display/smart screen/smart rotation on. I heard somewhere that this is supposed to be a battery killer. I turned it off and now it's back to normal.

mghokie7

Reaction score
Smart rotation was not enabled after my update, and my battery life is still awful.

Sledfreak597

Reaction score
any fixes for battery life mine is also horrible and i have the bigger battery,you can liter y see it drop by the minute.

fsagames

Reaction score
I did the Sprint 4.3 upgrade in November and battery drain was horrible. I read somewhere about turning off Google Location services (in Settings) and it fixed the problem. Also noticed a few settings here and there were changed. Suggest you just review ALL settings after the upgrade.

mghokie7

Reaction score
Good tip, just realized location reporting and history from my device were turned on after the 4.3 update. Turned the location settings off, and hopefully that will reduce the batter drain.

Decided to leave location access for Google Apps on because that is needed for Google maps.

mghokie7

Reaction score
After 3 weeks of terrible battery drain, my phone has randomly gone back to the battery life before the 4.3 update. Didn't change any settings, so not sure what caused the change.

ForumRunner_20140128_221601.png