Any charger will work right?

belome

Reaction score
I realize this is a pretty stupid question, but as long as the charger fits in the slot its fine to use correct?

I had an Env2 and it seems to have the same plug.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is fine to try but it may not actually work. I have an old charger that came with a bluetooth headset and I don't think it's got enough juice to charge the phone.

lee_pedro

Reaction score
The chargers and cables I have for my LG enV Touch seem to work fine. The only difference I saw was that the A/C charger on the D2 puts out 850mA and my Touch charger is only 700mA.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this, but it's probably a good idea to use chargers with the same specs as the original.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this, but it's probably a good idea to use chargers with the same specs as the original.

That's 100% correct. Or at least very close.

If you've ever seen those "My Droide is Going Crazy" threads frequently it does this because it's on an non stock chargers. Don't ask me how or why but the Droids start calling and texting people on its own. Very weird.

Now I use my Blackberry Storms charger on my Droid. Specs are close but not exactly the same as my Droids charger. I've never had any problems.

Anyway common sense tells you if you don't see the same specs it's probably not a good idea. Voltage and amps should be the same as your Droids charger.

lee_pedro

Reaction score
I see your point on the AC wall chargers, but what about USB data cables? They typically don't list specs like you see on AC chargers...

Cairo

Reaction score
I would think my blackberry phone charger would work

trumpus

Reaction score
FYI, Best Buy is have a sale on chargers now, and I got a car charger AND an extra wall charger for $29.99 yesterday! No detachable cord, so you cant transfer data via usb, but still a pretty good deal.

Wcdubya

Reaction score
Its funny but this is one of the first things I tried when I got my Droid 2, just to save money on car charger. I have tried my Blackberry Tour car charger, home charger & usb which was already hooked up to my pc.

The car charger hooked up during an hour long ride to work, and hour long ride home did not change the battery % at all. It actually took some moving it to get it to show the lightning bolt indicator on the phone. Home charger was same way, although it did charge, but only to 70% overnight. USB cable produced same as car charger.

Headed to Verizon today to get a bundle with car charger & screen protectors. The battery life is horrific on this phone, need a charger at home, work and car, but DAMNNNN i love this phone!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use an Ev2 charger as my travel charger on my D1. Works with no issues

evilsock

Reaction score
No any charger will not work, hook said it best in his post, sure it looks as if its charging but motorolas are notorious for only working with correct chargers. It will look like its charging but try to use it, ur touchscreen will not work right. It will not charge the battery either. Use only moto chargers. Btw u can accually mess up the battery permanently by using incorrect voltages and amps

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see your point on the AC wall chargers, but what about USB data cables? They typically don't list specs like you see on AC chargers...

Someone might tell you different, but I say a USB is a USB cable is a USB cable. The only difference is the LENGTH of it. Here's the thing, you want the shortest USB cable you can find because the energy dissipates as it traverses the wire. Instead of getting a longer USB cable, just get a regular electrical EXTENSION CORD. Trust me on this one!

sziehr

Reaction score
The chargers and cables I have for my LG enV Touch seem to work fine. The only difference I saw was that the A/C charger on the D2 puts out 850mA and my Touch charger is only 700mA.

Does anyone know the typical output of a desktop or laptop USB port?