Any Changes?

cece5702

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any changes in the performance of your Maxx since the OTA update? My 4G speed here at work is much better now. At first I was only getting 2 bars and this morning I have 4 bars. I still us 3G here at work though.

I noticed the icon for text messing has changed. Icons have changed in the Setting menu also. Looking forward to ICS!

dedduck0121

Reaction score
I noticed the text message icon, several annoying VCAST apps loaded on the phone and my 4g is having some issues now. so far for me it is worthless and making life miserable. :mad:

oh ya, it is asking me to log on to wifi so it can auto upload all of my photos to somewhere, cant figure out how to stop it from asking

Last edited:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I noticed the text message icon, several annoying VCAST apps loaded on the phone and my 4g is having some issues now. so far for me it is worthless and making life miserable. :mad:

oh ya, it is asking me to log on to wifi so it can auto upload all of my photos to somewhere, cant figure out how to stop it from asking

Are you a google+ member? That is a feature.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dedduck0121

Reaction score
yes i am and auto upload is disabled i am trying to hunt down the app that is doing this as we speak!

dedduck0121

Reaction score
it looks like it is motocast trying to auto sync. it is a new feature that was updated during the install. now i just gotta figure out shutting it off.:icon_ lala:

For what ever reason, my 4g background sync was disabled and that is why 4g was just sitting there waiting to work. 4g seems to be back to normal now

Last edited:

dedduck0121

Reaction score
Saw this on another forum for this update -

Who Can Use This Release ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users
Enhancements and Fixes:
MotoCast:
  • Added new auto-upload feature for sending pictures and videos back to your computer
  • Improved installation steps for easier use
Smart Actions:
  • Added new Smart Action triggers (docks and calendar events) and actions (VIP caller, auto text reply and voice announcement)
Enterprise:
  • Added new features (Password enabled Encryption Key Protection, Simplified Corporate Email Setup, Email sorting enhancements, Cisco and Juniper SSL VPN support)
Data:
  • Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments
  • Improved stability of data connectivity during after Airplane Mode is disabled
Battery:
  • Increased overall battery life
  • Improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® enabled headsets
Camera:
  • Improvements in camera performance and user interface enhancements
Apps:
  • Updated VZ Navigator® with the latest 3D map improvements
  • Added V CAST App
  • Updated Google applications including new versions of Music and Talk, as well as added Google Videos
Visual Voicemail:
  • Resolved issues so messages can be marked as read
  • Improved message playback to resume when audio is switched to speaker
  • Updated to allow subscription or unsubscription while connected with Wi-Fi
  • Eliminated error associated with pressing back key after playback
Mobile Hotspot:
  • Improved security
  • Updated permissions to successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites
User Interface:
  • Updated email icon for better visibility.
  • Included new icon graphics on the Homescreen and Application tray
  • Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
Other:
  • Updated multimedia ringtones to permit saving
  • Updated favorite contacts widget
  • Resolved issue to correctly show the remaining download time when performing an Over The Air (OTA) update
Additional Information There is no charge for this upgrade other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice. If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Very helpful thanks. Ok...I'm sort of new to this so what is Mobile Hotspot? I hear a lot of people talking about it.
Saw this on another forum for this update -

Who Can Use This Release ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users
Enhancements and Fixes:
MotoCast:
  • Added new auto-upload feature for sending pictures and videos back to your computer
  • Improved installation steps for easier use
Smart Actions:
  • Added new Smart Action triggers (docks and calendar events) and actions (VIP caller, auto text reply and voice announcement)
Enterprise:
  • Added new features (Password enabled Encryption Key Protection, Simplified Corporate Email Setup, Email sorting enhancements, Cisco and Juniper SSL VPN support)
Data:
  • Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments
  • Improved stability of data connectivity during after Airplane Mode is disabled
Battery:
  • Increased overall battery life
  • Improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® enabled headsets
Camera:
  • Improvements in camera performance and user interface enhancements
Apps:
  • Updated VZ Navigator® with the latest 3D map improvements
  • Added V CAST App
  • Updated Google applications including new versions of Music and Talk, as well as added Google Videos
Visual Voicemail:
  • Resolved issues so messages can be marked as read
  • Improved message playback to resume when audio is switched to speaker
  • Updated to allow subscription or unsubscription while connected with Wi-Fi
  • Eliminated error associated with pressing back key after playback
Mobile Hotspot:
  • Improved security
  • Updated permissions to successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites
User Interface:
  • Updated email icon for better visibility.
  • Included new icon graphics on the Homescreen and Application tray
  • Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
Other:
  • Updated multimedia ringtones to permit saving
  • Updated favorite contacts widget
  • Resolved issue to correctly show the remaining download time when performing an Over The Air (OTA) update
Additional Information There is no charge for this upgrade other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice. If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at