Any Chance S3 owners will get S4 features in update?

WestOkid

Reaction score
The S4 is a beast, but many of features Samsung pushed were Touchwiz software enhancements. What are the chances we see some of them?

wildbill86

Reaction score
My s3 is downloading a software update right now, it didn't even ask me first.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
My s3 is downloading a software update right now, it didn't even ask me first.

Are you making a joke or was my post misunderstood. Let me be clearer. I am wondering will we get S4 enhancements and Android 4.2?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tonik

Reaction score
The S4 is a beast, but many of features Samsung pushed were Touchwiz software enhancements. What are the chances we see some of them?

Yes, sammy vp confirmed that anything not tied to hardware will get sent to their other devices.

wildbill86

Reaction score
No, I wasn't making a joke I am stock on 4.1.1 and my s3 downloaded an update this morning. I deferred install for a few days to find out about what it included before I installed. I have an unlimited plan still and stock can tether with pda net. I don't want to lose that with this update. Or did I misunderstand you and you have already gotten the update?

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
No, I wasn't making a joke I am stock on 4.1.1 and my s3 downloaded an update this morning. I deferred install for a few days to find out about what it included before I installed. I have an unlimited plan still and stock can tether with pda net. I don't want to lose that with this update. Or did I misunderstand you and you have already gotten the update?

Yeah I have the update. It's minor stuff.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody else has my same situation? Can anybody verify that I will still be able to tether using pda net if I go ahead and install the update.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody else has my same situation? Can anybody verify that I will still be able to tether using pda net if I go ahead and install the update.

I am stock but rooted. I use pda net+ and it still works fine.

randizzard

Reaction score
@west, what version of stock are u running, I just can't seem to find the thread to show me how to get root. Think you can point me in the right direction?

RiceCake2000

Reaction score

No sense in getting the stock update. Adds new radios and modem and bloat. Who needs that? I think it adds amazon something or other and vz navigator. I recommend rooting and getting cleanrom 6.2.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about it, I had a moto d2g that I tried a lot of roms on, but this Samsung seems much more complicated to root and Rom, I need to read a lot more first.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
@west, what version of stock are u running, I just can't seem to find the thread to show me how to get root. Think you can point me in the right direction?

@rand sorry just saw this. I am running vrbmb1. Was rooted since vrblk1 and used clockworkmod to hold root during updates. As for rooting, Check out these threads. The xda one is everything you need to know.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1974114

http://www.s3forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1123

randizzard

Reaction score
Thank you for getting back, much appreciated. I am free of the locked grasp of Samsung lol