any car adapters for the droid x?

jsquared

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the droid 1 to the droid x but I was wondering if there are any cable/adapters like the ipod (full ipod control on a head unit) I got rid of my iphone so I need something to play music in my car.

Also Im not looking for an aux cable, I would like to control the music on the phone from my headunit as I did before on the iphone.

If not, oh well...I'll go back to circa 1998 and burn CD-Rs haha

liferefugee

Reaction score
to my knowledge there is no device like that. The closest would be to put the DX on a car dock and then run the aux cable. I do this while having it on the car charger and stream pandora while I drive. Only annoying part is when using the navigator the voice is then thrown over the speakers and overrides the music for a moment.

Happyappy

Reaction score
You may be able to use a head unit that supports USB drives to accomplish this. Since the X will appear as an external drive if connect to USB this should work. I believe you can purchase a USB add-on for some head units but I'm not sure that is cost effective.

I'll have to give it a try tonight on my Pioneer head unit to see if it works.

OP
J

jsquared

Reaction score
i tried that because my original iphone video cable was connect via usb to my kenwood, the droid recognizes my headunit as a computer but doesn't transfer anything, just charges the phone

Technoman

Reaction score
i tried that because my original iphone video cable was connect via usb to my kenwood, the droid recognizes my headunit as a computer but doesn't transfer anything, just charges the phone

What USB mode did you have your phone on?

OP
J

jsquared

Reaction score
i tried all of them. my heaunit just says "reading" but i just picked up the newest generation itouch to solve the problem since i can control everything on a even bigger 7" screen, but if something for android comes up, i would jump on it

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I can play music over the bluetooth interface on my kenwood head unit. The only controls available on the headunit are stop/play and back/forward. Works with the Music App and Pandora.

If you want to switch between albums or Pandora stations, you still need to mess with the phone.

For the most part I still use my Ipod Touch for music in the car. It is nice to use Pandora over BT though since it doesnt require much interaction.

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
to my knowledge there is no device like that. The closest would be to put the DX on a car dock and then run the aux cable. I do this while having it on the car charger and stream pandora while I drive. Only annoying part is when using the navigator the voice is then thrown over the speakers and overrides the music for a moment.

While in navigation, press "Menu". There's a "Mute" selection. If you hit that, you won't get any more voice directions overriding your music.