Any buyer's remourse?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by HowardZ, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I must be one of the few that dont really have buyers remorse..maybe..but just not overly happy with my Rezound. I was gonna take it back to Verizon and exchange it or the sim card because of low volume on calls, especially thru earphones, and data issues. It was stuck in a boot loop recently, that was the final straw. Someone stole it before I could exchange it...lol. They left the battery cover....I had the battery out cuz of the bootloops. Now I got a new phone coming Tue.

My data issues were getting stuck in 1x in weak areas...that needed a reboot to fix. And so so phone reception. I also have a RAZR, had a G Nex and compared all 3 for some things. I can tell you that is the 3rd Moto Android phone I had that didnt need to be exchanged for any reception or data issues. I guess I as lucky not to get the Bionic..lol. I hear its alot better after latest updates tho. My Rezound was fine with data when it wasnt getting stuck in 1x. The reboots to fix it were getting more n more annoying.

Blur isnt as bad as some make it. I actually prefer it over Sense UI now, didnt before the Bionic and RAZR came out and the GB update to the Droid X1. Its gotten alot better IMO. I like the color schemes for one. And it doesnt seem like too much is going on like Sense. Sense do have lots of eye candy and features that I like.

We will see how this new Rezound does. I dont see too many threads about 1x issues and phone reception so I am hopeful.

I would say most Rezound owners are happy. My 1x issue is mentioned here n there on the web. But all 3 phones I had did have/had data issues. Some were just not as bad as others, or more annoying. Updates made my RAZR the least annoying, that title went to the Rezound when they both launched. The Rezound OTA update didnt help my 1x issue. And honestly...between my Rezound needing to be rebooted cuz its stuck in 1x vs. the G Nex just not having as strong data reception as my RAZR or Rezound.... I dont know which was worse. And I could see myself getting a G Nex again if Verizon offered it if my next Rezound(s) keeps having issues. My G Nex and Rezound both had so so phone reception vs my RAZR so it would be a wash in that area.

Again, hopeful a new Rezound, and since it was stolen a sim card, makes things better.

I think for some things if you dont actually have another phone on hand to compare it to....you might not notice some issues. Times I got stuck in 1x my RAZR was on 4G. I used to carry both until my RAZR turned out to be more reliable. I should add....Verizon's LTE network and LTE tech in these phones needs to get more mature before we start seeing more reliable service for all Verizon LTE phones. Right now everything is up in the air, can get flaky at a moments notice when the network goes crazy.

#37 jroc, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. graywolf

graywolf Member

Ratings:
    +1
    None at all. The main features I love are the screen, 1.5 ghz dual core processor, and 4g.

3. svdroiddude

svdroiddude Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did exactly that. Bought it for $199 and less than a week later it was down to $49. Called sales agent #1 and she said it still shows $199 in HER system. Asked her politely to be transferred to someone who *will* help me...and 15 minutes later I was credited $150. Remember, they record every conversation so keep it strictly business.

4. Taco

Taco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This phone is great and all but I wish I had held out longer and waited for the droid 4. On screen keyboards drive me nuts ... Long 2 years this will be. Not to mention the bootloops this thing has put me through and obnoxious radio issues. Thank God I get great battery life and the screen/camera are sharp. Played with my og droid the other day and my rezound made me realize how slow that old thing was.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    They lower the prices to push data package revenues,their arguably truest cash cow, more than unload older inventory . Text packages are their highest margin add on but they sell themselves.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Tapatalk

6. tardisguy

tardisguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I love my phone because of its pure speed, screen resolution, and sound quality* The HDMI cable is also annoying and proprietary. But frankly, i got this phone to attempt to replace a laptop for browsing, social, which i can do on any phone. However i also wanted to run Openoffice.org via debootstrap in pair with a Bluetooth keyboard. Also to scan computers for viruses.

All that being said, The battery life is a cluster speed **** god aweful basket of *** burning in a ** ***** spliced with a rabid jackrussel terrier.

#42 tardisguy, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  7. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the battery life is the big disappointment for me. i have the extended battery and it was fine for awhile but now the size, weight and ugliness has gotten to me. After seeing the new One series sleekness, i put the standard battery back in and the phone is just that much better physically, but the battery life sucks. waiting on official ICS to drop and then going to flash a ROM a few weeks later hoping that it will improve battery life. i was ticked about not getting sense 4.0 but after reading a comparison article on 3.6 vs 4.0 that doesn't bother me anymore. the battery life always will.

the one series looks awesome except i hate a non-removable battery because it is super easy to keep a spare battery tucked into my wallet. a lot easier than carrying a charging pack everywhere.

8. hotsaucecommittee

Ratings:
    +1
    Knock on wood! I haven't experienced any of the issues you peeps are running into, I love this rezound. The battery is by far my biggest concern and I got the ext battery and love it. I think the phone needed the extra bulk, it was too fragile and flimsy feeling b4. Too each his own.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

9. Schimm

Schimm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can there be buyers remorse when you have two weeks to return it? Isn't that the whole idea, lol.

Sent by my Rezound using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5.

10. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    sometimes issues come up after the 2 weeks. whoever got one last year could have buyers remorse seeing what's coming out soon.

In my case I exchanged my gnex for a Rezound at the end of the 2 weeks. So that was it for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

11. Schimm

Schimm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say the Bionic is may be one example of that but I think in general you should count on your phone being superseded in short order as par for the course.

I too got rid of the Gnex but it took me less than a week. I knew about the Rezound's battery issues in advance and that people were mixed on Sense. But overall the Rezound been what I had hoped it would be.

One thing learned not to be forgotten.....never get a phone on release day. :eek:

Sent by my Rezound using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5.

#47 Schimm, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012