1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any assistance is welcome

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Sygnosis, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sygnosis

Sygnosis New Member

I took the OTA update of Gingerbread, and sucks, really bad. I lost root, (my dumbass fault),and the interface eats my battery alive. I really want to get back to a rootable version of Froyo. I am quite frustrated with the situation so much so, I thought(again my dumbass) that doing a factory reset would take me back. So to my suprise, when it rebooted that red motorola logo, I knew I was screwed. Not only did I delete my apps(
    I hadnt backed up with titanium), buy my card wiped. I would appreciate if anyone has a fix, in simple english minus all the cool abbreviations I dont understand. Im sure there is a flood of "omg I lost root help!" posts everywhere, but Im not that lost, I just need to figure how to erase whats on the Droid X-and re-install a root-able, or rooted ROM, but to my understanding you must rooted to install a ROM, so now you see my conundrum. I would greatly appreciate it, otherwise, this Droid may find itself smashed to bits....because Ive had all I can stand of GB.
  2. ArmyDude

ArmyDude New Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. ArmyDude

ArmyDude New Member

I would do a liitle googling first to understand how to SBF... also... if it's ok to do that after the GB update
  4. Sygnosis

Sygnosis New Member

okay, so i d/l RS lite v 4.9 (which I have) then D/L the SBF(which i have) and install via RSlite? correct? just put the sbf in the "filename" slot on RSlite and go?
  5. ArmyDude

ArmyDude New Member

6. ArmyDude

ArmyDude New Member

Yup.. put phone in bootloader mode... and run with it dancedroid
  7. Sygnosis

Sygnosis New Member

Gracias Amigo:)
  8. ArmyDude

ArmyDude New Member

NP... Good Luck