Any apps that unlock the phone when sliding it open?

Reaction score
When I'm texting someone and my screen shuts off I'm forced to unlock my phone. Are there any apps/features that will automatically unlock my phone when I slide it open? I don't know what kind of name this app would have... I just got my Droid 2 so it's still new to me.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Not sure of all the options but lockbot adds the ability to shake the phone to unlock. May work for keyboard sliding.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Why would your D2G shut off while you are texting someone? Unless you are pausing a bit from texting and the screen shuts off from inactivity? WidgetLocker has some good settings to take care of that. I'm looking through it right now and it seems to offer pressing any key to wake and unlock. Not sure about just sliding the keyboard out, waking it and unlocking it like that. I don't see anything like that around.

OP
SmashedPumpkins
Reaction score
I tried out Mylock and Lockbot, but neither have the ability.
Why would your D2G shut off while you are texting someone? Unless you are pausing a bit from texting and the screen shuts off from inactivity? WidgetLocker has some good settings to take care of that. I'm looking through it right now and it seems to offer pressing any key to wake and unlock. Not sure about just sliding the keyboard out, waking it and unlocking it like that. I don't see anything like that around.
If I'm texting someone I'll naturally wait a minute or so until I receive a response. Without closing the texting window, my screen will turn off and lock from inactivity. I would like to simply slide open my keyboard and have the screen automatically unlock. Widgetlocker is costly and I can't see that they have this exact feature.

Lakingh

Reaction score
Try " no lock " it's really really
Simple
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
SmashedPumpkins
Reaction score
Try " no lock " it's really really
Simple
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Ah, yeah it is simple. So far I think it'll do. I honestly don't have a need to lock this phone anyways. Hopefully the whole airplane mode doesn't give me trouble. I'll probably forget.

olopez79

Reaction score
I bought screen tools 2. It's great, it unlocks the phone when you slide it open. When you press the power button it shuts the screen off & the side buttons do not turn the screen on. When you press it again it turns the screen on & you don't have to unlock it! There are a few other options I don't use.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Try downloading screebl. Then your screen won't time out anymore while you are texting someone.