any amazing apps out there?

iDroiid

Reaction score
hey i was wondering if anyone had been wanting to share any amazing apps they have found and now think they r a must have?? plz share :greendroid:

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets. They add a nice customization and they look really nice. Its definately worth the money.

OP
iDroiid

iDroiid

Reaction score
ok thanks i might have to try that out i really wish they had a demo of it

acturbo

Reaction score
ok thanks i might have to try that out i really wish they had a demo of it

Free 24 hour demo, any app you install and uninstall within 24hrs you will not be charged for. Good app though, I doubt you will be uninstalling

Balthazar

Reaction score
I love Swype. I don't know if I could go back to the virtual keyboard again. I also like xScope as a replacement browser. It supports multi-touch and is not as jerky as dolphin.

OP
iDroiid

iDroiid

Reaction score
hey i searched for swype and nothing came up any help?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Search in this forum...there's an .apk file floatin around somewhere. Swype isn't in the market

OP
iDroiid

iDroiid

Reaction score
oo ok i will search for it thanks

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's the Swype zip, though the mods my remove it (not sure if it's kosher at this point). If they remove it PM me and I'll send it to you.

Other great apps (in no particular order):
AppOrganizer (free or pro) - expands upon the folder concept
aCar - keeps track of fuel and maintenance for your car(s)
Astro - file manager that also handles zip files
xScope - really nice (and fast) browser replacement (features better zooming capabilites)
NewsRob - new/RSS client that connects to GoogleReader and others
Screebl - a GREAT display manager that allows you to set what angles the display will stay on
MissedCall - lets you change notification settings for various events (emails, missed calls ect)

You should also use some sort of security:
WaveSecure Beta or
Mobile Defense

Hope this helps.

OP
iDroiid

iDroiid

Reaction score
ok i downloaded it and extracted to my desktop how do i get it on my phone? and thanks for all your help i like the other apps u posted

pdm0376

Reaction score
Wow this is simply amazing. I had read posts on this but assumed your phone had to be rooted to use it so I stayed away from it. All it took was installing apk file. I don't think I'll be using droid keyboard for a while. Though I wanted to use the F word to someone in a text and it kept putting duck. lol

karib

Reaction score
Wow this is simply amazing. I had read posts on this but assumed your phone had to be rooted to use it so I stayed away from it. All it took was installing apk file. I don't think I'll be using droid keyboard for a while. Though I wanted to use the F word to someone in a text and it kept putting duck. lol

Yes, that part is annoying. It does "learn" words and names though. But sometimes it is still easier to open up the droid and use its keyboard, especially when typing and email address or something like that. Having both options makes this phone the best!

pdm0376

Reaction score
Can't figure out how to put space between words either. I was doing the tutorial and got a message so when I went back it started from the beginning again so I exited out.