Any alternative to PdaNet for wireless internet?

weissman

Reaction score
I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?

Pathos

Reaction score
I've been unsuccessful using my HTC Eris & PdaNet to get internet access on my Windows 7 laptop. Anybody know of an alternative that works?
Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz), and it works better than PdaNet did...at least for me.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're rooted you can also get wireless tether

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
W

weissman

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I have the wired tether app (has to be installed from teh interwebz), and it works better than PdaNet did...at least for me.
Not sure. How do I know? Not even sure what that means!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure. How do I know? Not even sure what that means!

If you're not sure, then the answer is no. Read the top sticky on rooting your phone, and see if its anything you are interested in doing.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...e-root-flash-android-2-2-froyo-your-eris.html
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you installing the driver and applications the non-root tethering apps require? Have you considered rooting and installing either of the apps linked to in my signature?

Pathos

Reaction score
You have an Eris?
And you followed this guide? I have a droid 1, so I can't say for sure those directions work, but they look ok. You don't have to install the Froyo either. Simply being rooted (having root access) allows you to use the application I mentioned.

Last edited: