Any 8pen users?

medwa

Reaction score
I've been using 8pen for a few days now and I really enjoy it. Although I'm still learning the letter placement, I'm getting more and more comfortable with it by the day.

I'm wondering if there's any of you who use it as your primary input method that can tell me how fast it is after getting familiar with the layout and gestures? Are you able to use it blindly and quickly?

Posted from my Droid Incredible

OZFive

Reaction score
I have been using it and am getting used to it.

I am liking it quite a bit and am looking forward to the day I do not need the pop up.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Getting there. I use it one handed, and for that it's faster than anything else I use. A normal QWERTY keyboard is a bit faster if I use two hands.

StewieJr

Reaction score
I love using 8pen - it's definitely going to be awhile til I can "type" as fast as stock, but - I think I'm getting used to it pretty quickly. I turn everything off, transparent, center-size large and no popup. I've already memorized all of the letters and half of the symbols. It just irritates me when I need a specific symbol, such as brackets or quotes - I've yet to memorize those, but I do love it when people try to use my phone and when they try to type something in, it's there's nothing there xD

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
. . .It just irritates me when I need a specific symbol, such as brackets or quotes. . .

I decided to cheat with the numbers. I created gestures for them. You could do the same for the symbols you use most often.

OP
M

medwa

Reaction score
Getting there. I use it one handed, and for that it's faster than anything else I use. A normal QWERTY keyboard is a bit faster if I use two hands.

I agree. I wish there was an option to turn off 8pen in landscape.

Desicrator

Reaction score

I agree. I wish there was an option to turn off 8pen in landscape.

There is a new app over at xda I think that lets you set Tue keyboard by screen orientation

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

born2burn

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have been using 8pen from some time now. I do not type a lot so getting used to it is taking some time. I am pretty sure it is the best app to write with one finger(thumb in my case). Will post progress in speed later.

phrozen087

Reaction score
I tried it out for a while once it went free. I used it almost exclusively for a few days and got the hang of it mostly. My only problem was that my hand got sore from drawing all the circles for a real long sentence. I have to say that it is definitely a good idea.

I also think I'm gonna go check out that orientation switcher on XDA as my biggest complaint was that I just wanted the qwerty when in landscape since landscape 8pen is terrible...

OP
M

medwa

Reaction score
Does the xda app require rooting?

suechan

Reaction score
I got a warning when switching to 8pen that 'this input methodo may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application 8pen. Use this input method?' Is this app safe???

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a warning when switching to 8pen that 'this input methodo may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application 8pen. Use this input method?' Is this app safe???

It does this with any alternative keyboard. just a warning.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

medwa

Reaction score
Any keyboard alternative has that warning. I'm not positive, but I think it records your text input for the purpose of text prediction, custom dictionaries, and spell checking.