any 2.2 via rom manager yet?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joker402, Jun 10, 2010.

1. joker402

joker402 New Member

Can any 2.2 roms be installed from rom manager yet?
  2. sddenizen

sddenizen New Member

Open RM, download rom > stock images > Verizon Droid 2.2 Froyo Leak
  3. joker402

joker402 New Member

Thanx, now it it were themed it be nice but this will do.
  4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I'm not trying to bash or anything, but why do you need ROM Manager? If you are messing with your phone this much and in this way, then shouldn't you at least know how to and feel comfortable doing it the old fashion way?

I mean, whats wrong with downloading the file to your phone, copying it over to your backup folder, and restoring?

I just feel that if someone is dependent on ROM Manager, then why should they be messing with their phone this way? It only leads to problems and many threads asking about whats wrong with their phone.

Here are several themes for froyo:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/46441-droptheme-mm.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/49656-blue-energy-theme-froyo-android-2-2-a.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49506-team-chaos-clean-black-froyo.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49876-black-ice-froyo.html
  5. joker402

joker402 New Member

Being able to switch and download roms on the go is why I use it plus everything is organzied for me. I don't want to have to use my pc for everything.
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Exactly. Plus being able to switch out (test) different kernals without having to rename them "update.zip" to apply is nice.

I rooted way back on 2.0.1, used ADB to install SPRecovery to my phone, etc......Rom Manager makes doing things quicker and easier. I still think people rooting/flashing their phones should have an understanding of what is going on and what they are doing....but nothing wrong with having an easier and quicker way to do things ala Rom Manager.

I
  7. Taegost

Taegost New Member

+1
    I use it for the same reason, I'm constantly messing with my phone, and not always near my computer.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...
  8. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I'm not trying to bash or anything but what's wrong with ROM Manager? Why do so many around here feel that their way is the only way? :icon_rolleyes:

Are you asserting that the other method is completely foolproof? I'm not sure how restoring a backup using the other method automatically leads to a better understanding that would make the person suddenly able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. It's quite a leap of logic IMO.

If I have a tool, I definitely intend to use it (ROM Manager included). Otherwise, why have it?
  9. hairdewx

hairdewx New Member

I used to think ROM manager was not a big deal, but now I love it. I paid for the full version and use it all the time :)

It's just so much easier to use. Usually stable builds are pushed to ROM manager, so I don't have to waste time sifting through all the different websites, betas, etc.
  10. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I don't think Tank is saying that ROM Manager is bad. The way I too what he said was if you are going to root then you need to know and understand that there are other ways to install a ROM or a theme other than ROM Manager. Yes RM makes it easy to install new ROMs or Themes but the new rooters should know how to do it the "old" way. I have had nothing but problems with ROM Manager and have had to install everything from the computer then to the sd card. So don't kill the messenger, I think Tank was pointing out a very good point.
  11. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Exactly, just like saying that you should know how to add 2+2 the old fashioned way before you start relying on a calculator. :icon_evil: