Anxious and terrified to root...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Herbules, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Herbules

Herbules New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys, I know I'm in good hands with you all. I have researched, researched and researched again. I really want to root my Tbolt since I have no idea if/when I will be getting a stock 2.3.4 update. I also care what it looks like and I think, open to ideas, that gingeritis final is what I want on it. Now I was hoping one of you geniuses here may be able to give me a walk thru with the whole process. How to make a back up of what I have now, in case I have to return it to VZW. I have seen the posts, and it really does seem like an involved process. PLEASE for the love of god help me.
    In addition, will rooting wipe my SD card? I have 3000+ songs, a bunch of movies and some pics that I'd rather not lose. If anyone is willing to walk me through this process, please PM me or something. I will be forever in your debt. I love my Tbolt, it gets me through my long, excrutiatingly boring work days. Please, I beg you... Help me.

2. WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wont wipe your SD but you may loose preferences like saved pass words no big go for it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums